Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will I be arrested

Started by JoeBloggs, Jul 20, 2008, 03:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBloggs

I've resided out of the US for nearly 30 years and have not returned even to visit. I am now a citizen of another country as well. I may have to visit the US on business soon and I'm afraid of arrest due to nonpayment of child support from back in the early 80's.

Will I be arrested if I returned to the US?

Thanks in advance for your help

tigger

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Kitty C.

Like the OP said, pay the arrears and you won't have to worry about it.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

I distintly remember the early 80's.

I don't think you will have a problem at any border ...researching this topic several months ago I found the Director of Homeland Security in 2007 explained the purpose of their existence did not include Child Support collections for reasons which should be self explanatory.  

Your delima may come if you return to the county and perhaps the state that issued the CS reward and then only if you have the good fortune of interfacing with law enforcement (ie traffic stop ). Note that I used the word 'may'.  

Otherwise you probably know that mothers NEVER had a  CS order and would'nt pay anyway......

FYI I was last arrested and jailed in June 2005 for reason I was not carrying a current insurance certificate in the vehicle.  Same harrassment, provoking and intimitation as always. Trying to create a mental health case.  EX lives in another state and no contact for years but learned her husband had file for against her for mental/emotional abuse.  So nothing has changed as you can assume from the other two posters.