Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mom moved to California

Started by hendrix0316, Dec 20, 2004, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendrix0316

My 14 monthold daughter's mother (we were never married) moved from Texas to California and we are now working on a custody and visitation plan that takes the distance between us into account. I am trying to get the mother to agree on a 50/50 split so that I can have my daughter in Texas every other month until she goes to kindergarten.

I am looking for any information on long distance visitation plans that have been proven to work in the best interest of the child.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Fair_Rulings

My son is 17 but lives in Texas and I live in California, I share custody with the mother.  My child support is his airfare to California and back again.  No layovers.  I get him 2 months in the summer and every other holiday if I would like to have him.  It's not to bad.  Every other month is too much flying back and forth.

[email protected]

kitten

How did you get it ordered that your CS would pay for the plane tickets?  SO pays more than enough CS, but still has to pay half of airfair for 3 childen plus their mother from AK to CA five times a year!  

Fair_Rulings

The Judge agreed that paying CS and paying for the plane tickets world be to burdensome.  The court order is out of Fort Bend County in Texas.  I'm living in California.  My son flys out this coming week.  We also had an attorney Guardian ad litem in my case who also helped.

kitten

Ahhhhh.....not a CA decision, makes sense now.