Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Childs counsel

Started by Fair_Rulings, Apr 11, 2005, 12:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fair_Rulings

I would like to disqualify my child's counsel.  Does anyone have any information on how to go about doing it?

jcaveman

I am at the point in my case wondering if I should go with counsel for the kids (three of them).  Their therapist thought that if my spouse continues to be combative and continue to limit my time then it may be a good idea.  How has yours been doing that you want to replace them?

Troubledmom

CALIFORNIA CODES
FAMILY.CODE
SECTION 3150-3153

(b) Upon entering an appearance on behalf of a child pursuant to
this chapter, counsel shall continue to represent that child unless
relieved by the court upon the substitution of other counsel by the
court or for cause.

For cause means they would have had to violated a law at some point during the proceedings.
To go about it, if you have evidence the child's counsel has violated a law you bring a motion before the court to have them dismissed. CAUTION!!! Make sure you have good evidence otherwise you are stuck with that attorney after having just really pissed them off trying to get them out.

TM

Fair_Rulings

I wouldn't go with child's counsel again if you paid me.  Why add another corrupt attorney to the mix?  My ex is paying for child's counsel so it's like child's counsel is another attorney for her.

Thanks for the 3150 info, I have discovered that child's counsel and my first attorney that I fired and who share's an office together with child's counsel are being sued in a unlawful detainer lawsuit.  Child's counsel is approx. $28,000 dollars behind in her rent.  She is claiming in the law suit that her office is full of toxic mold and that her office is uninhabitable.  Yet she has been visiting with my nine year old at her office monthly and other clients as well.  I have also detected alcohol on her breathe.

I think I've already pissed her off, I've turned her into the State Bar and plan to Notice the Court of Child Counsel's lawsuit.  I've also just found out that my attorney that I fired back in 2002 now wants more money and has decided to sue me in small claims.

All I want is my child back, that the system and the lawyers took away.  There needs to be reform in family law.

Thanks for your help

Fair_Rulings

CORRECTION:  Breathe should be "Breath"