Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Confused!!!!!!!!!

Started by Scotted11, Oct 04, 2005, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotted11

Hopefully there is somebody out there who can assist me.  My divorce just went official within the last three months.  I just found out my ex is getting married one month from now.  The judge used the disso. provided by my attorney so I asked my attorney what ramifications her pending marriage has on the support I might owe, i.e. could I try to get my child support lowered due to her new filing status.  I am not paying spousal.  My attorney advised me that it really depended on what the new father makes.  He said that if the new father made equal money or more than myself my support could actually increase.  Is this true?  If so, why.  

breezy

from our experiance CA does not take in to account a new spouses income. The only thing that the courts will look at is the new tax bracket.
His income might up her tax bracket but it is not his imcome that will lower or rase child support. The higher tax bracket would actually typically lower your CS as it would appear she makes a bit more.
The courts will also look at medical paid by either party, time spent with children and how many dependants either party has.