Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father child custody cases in Idaho

Started by ccmidaho, Apr 11, 2005, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccmidaho

Hello, I would really like to hear from fathers in Idaho, particularly ada county, who have had their child custody case go to court. Does anyone have a story to tell?

I'm looking for information such as:
Was there a bias toward the mother in granting custody awards?

Were there particular strategies for getting joint custody that were most effective - particularly with children under three?

Please tell me your story!!  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

steven_eckhout

I dont know what help this is  I am in colo my son is 19 months old and so far the courts have been totaly agianst me when we went to court she didnt bother to show up they called her at home and then she didnt do what they ordered us to do like the parenting classes  my case was disssmissed  shortly after that she left I havent seen my son in five months now rumors are she left state possibly the country no one knows anything and the courts are little help so are the cops  and family registry where I pay child support wont help everyone treats the father as if they have no rights what so ever they passed the law dead beat fathers law and now it's impossible to get help. like I said the courts they dont even listen to what you have to say I did everything the parenting classes dna testing everything and they let her walk away I should have won that on default I am currently fighting for full custody if they cant find her with in two weeks I get full custody but it has taken a year and her skiping for it to get this far

dadof4

My child's mother lives in Ada county with my child, I live in Southeast Idaho.  The case was here because it was where child support was set up, custody and visitation had never been addressed because we were never married.  My child's mother kept my child from me and my whole family for over a year, even her own siblings.  I finally found her and took her to court.  She filed things late, refused to answer practically all interrogatories in there entirety and never showed up for hearings in person, always over the phone.  She alleged that I beat her on a regular basis when we were together, including when she was pregnant, and that I had sexual relations with underage girls, all of which were untrue.  Judge denied her change of motion due to it being filed so late, ordered her to pay a chunk of my attorneys fees because of her refusal to answer the interrogatories fully and was ordered to disclose her current husbands income so it could be calculated in the child support, since she was barely working and her husband makes $23 an hour.  We went to mediation and she gave up, I got joint legal custody of my daughter with visitation alternating holidays, three day weekends and in the summer.  I hope this helps, if you fight hard enough for your child, the judge will see it and appreciate your efforts, yes, there are some judges who are biased but if your efforts are great and documented then you should be able to appeal any ruling that reeks of bias.  The courts always favor the parent who shows fairness and love not the one who is making accusations and concentrating on mud-slinging instead of the child's best interest.

ccmidaho

Thanks for your message Dadof4. Its encouraging.

I have a friend that is going through your exact situation right now. He is in Ada County and the mother is in Twin Falls. She has kept his daughter from him for almost a year now as they were never married. They go to court very soon.

My own story ended with a Mediation agreement after about a year so we never actually went to court. So at least I get to see my son every week now.  

Thanks for your reply.