Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What to do

Started by lmcde00, Jan 19, 2005, 01:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmcde00

I really need some help and I hope someone at there can direct me.
My girlfriend is pregnant-my ex-girlfriend I should say.  I am in Phoenix, AZ.  She has decided to marry someone else.  She has now left the state and gone to Washington  She wants to have the baby there and have her soon-to-be new husband's name on the birth certificate.  She has now decided that I will have nothing to do with my child.  She left the state to escape any court orders that I was working to file.  I was requesting a DNA test and once that came back, I needed to file an order of paternity which is the law here in AZ.  But now what do I do??
Can anyone help??????

olanna

I don't think a DNA test can be done until the child is born.  You could request one when the child is born, but I think the key here is knowing where she is when the child is born.

There really isn't any way you could keep her in the state, no matter what kind of paperwork you file.

If I were you, I would be as nice as I could to her, wishing her all the best and asking her to please stay in touch with you, just so you might know that she is OK.

And then, if she does it, and you know where she is, file for custody and most likely a DNA test will be ordered to prove paternity.

It's a tough road, but not impossible. You might want to check out some of the info on this site to help you with your fight.

Best to you.

MYSONSDAD

I would start interviewing some family law attorneys and learning your rights. Don't put this off until the child is born. Many attorneys will give a free consultation. You can learn alot and it won't cost you. Prepare now and educate yourself...

You might also want to post this to Socrateaser...Follow his mandated guidelines.

"Children learn what they live"