Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deviation from Formula Changes

Started by 2homefamily, Feb 29, 2004, 07:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2homefamily

The critical changes of the Child Support Guideline Manual as it pertains to the Criteria for Deviation from the formula, in Summary, the proposed changes are as follows;

In excercising the discretion set forth in subsection 1.04(d)(3), the court may consider any or all of the following factors, as well as any additional factor that it determines to be relevant to the best interests of the child;

a. The child has special needs
b. The child has extraordinary educational expenses
c. One or both of the parents are minors
d. The child's residence income is below the threshold to qualify for public assistance, and at least one parent has sufficient income to pay additional support to raise the child's standard of living above the public assistance threshold.
e. A reduction of income available to support a child has occured due to extraordinary levels of jointly accumulated debt.
f. The court awards property in lieu of support  for the benefit of the child
g. One or both parents are incarcerated without income or assets.
h. One or both parents have inccurred or are likely to incur, extraoridnary medical expenses for themselves or a dependant.
i. One or both parents earn incomes of a magnitude not fully taken into consideration by the formula
j. One or both parents have varying amounts of irregular bonus income.
k. Someone other than the parent can supply reasonable and appropriate health care coverage.

antonin

Thanks so much.

I can't figure out if the changes are good or bad. I do not believe the thing about debts was on there before.

This one bugs me: what does "not fully taken into consideration" mean?

"One or both parents earn incomes of a magnitude not fully taken into consideration by the formula."

bigred4533

sounds like a way to get more money to me

joni

I think item J will kill my husband.