Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 10:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Optimal

Started by antonin, Jan 24, 2005, 07:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonin

My sonsdad recently made a post wherein he explained that Optimal was not looked at. Has any one used Optimal successfully in court? Has anyone been denied the submission of Optimal as evdience?

It seems to me a hand written log can be faked easier than a time-stamped electronic log such as Optimal.

If you have used hand written logs, what was the format? What kind of paper or notebook did you use?

MYSONSDAD

Don't jump the gun on this yet. It might just be my judge. Continue like you have been. There are things going on in my case that I will post later.

Every case is different. Every judge is different. I have heard of Optimal being a big help on other cases.
For some reason, it is not working in MY case.

I am continuing to use Optimal and my handwritten journals.

My point was, cover your butt both ways, don't take any chances.

What blew my mind, are the gas receipts and the incident reports. I did everything I could to get third party documentation. Plus witnesses.

Something is going on...

"Children learn what they live"

Brent

>It seems to me a hand written log can be faked easier than a
>time-stamped electronic log such as Optimal.

I don't see how. As far as I can tell the timestamp comes directly from their server, which the user has no direct control over.

antonin

Well...I mean (sorry for confusion) the time stamp is more reliable. Anyone can spend a couple weeks fabricating a handwritten log.
Isn't that what you mean?

Brent

>Well...I mean (sorry for confusion) the time stamp is more
>reliable. Anyone can spend a couple weeks fabricating a
>handwritten log.
>Isn't that what you mean?

Exactly. I don't see how anyone can alter the timestamps since it's not under their control, but faking a handwritten log is easy to do.