Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support enforcement and how to stop it ?

Started by spinner, Apr 19, 2004, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hi,
my ex after 3 years of battle finaly came to sense and we are "talking" and everything is great.

I am gona change job AND told her that the CS office won't know and she won't get a check for a while then they will take more, ...

She is pissed, I told her, well maybe if we get off the CS agency, ... I can send you checks, ...

Anyway: how do we get of of them ? and go back to me sending her a check ?

lucky

As far as I know, in Minnesota you CAN'T get out of income withholding without a court hearing.  Someone did it a while ago I think, but that is all I remember -- and it may not be right.  

However, to avoid arrears, there is nothing stopping you from sending your own check in to the child support office until the new employer gets the income withholding.

Also, check your court order very carefully.  Dh's two support orders (he pays on one and is paid on the other -- two pbfhs) BOTH say that BOTH parties have to notify each other AND CSE within 10 days of any changes in employment, address and/or phone number.
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers