Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:54:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Health Insurance information from US Bank

Started by lookingforhelp, Oct 18, 2004, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookingforhelp

Hello Minnesotans, I am hoping someone could help us.  We are dealing with health insurance issues with BM in Court.  BM recently changed jobs and now has new insurance that she refuses to give my dh any info on concerning sd (even # or $)  We are trying to get her on our insurance policy so that we are informed, and have more active role in her medical issues. My dh is court ordered currently to pay 100% of the insurance costs and it is through her work as he didn't have it available before.   He tried to get it from the Child Support office but they only gave him computer screen printouts that tells us nothing and with the new HIPA (sp?) laws we can't get anything sent to us re our child.

We need information of US Bank insurance specifics so that we can be ready when we go to Court and know what we are up against.   Mn statute says we have a right to this information for our child, but we cannot force BM to give it to us.  

If anyone knows anyone that works for US Bank and would share this information of plan coverage, we would be very grateful.  Thanks so much everyone.  

spinner

friend of mine says family plan is $320

what do you want to ask specificaly, this is a friend of a friend of a friend so I need details to ask :)

lookingforhelp

I tried to send this once, but must have made a mistake.  So here goes again,

Thanks soo much Spinner, for your help and quick response.  That is helpful, if your friend knows any of the following that would be great too.  

Single Cost

Office visit copay

Er copay

Inpatient and Outpatient copay

Prescriptions copay

Annual deductible and maximum out-of-pocket per person/family

Also, importantly what is the policy on pre-existing conditions, our child suffers from anxiety and problems with her leg that may require surgery someday so tha is a concern.  

We are trying to get this information for before the hearing so we are not blindsided at all, and know what to expect.  It would be nice if the BM would give the info for her child's sake, as the most impt issue but she is not willing to provide that level of cooperation.  What a waste of money to have to go to Court over this.  We feel the judge will not feel that it is right for her to refuse us the info.  The child support said they would give info to us, but it was a computer screen printouts with codes and such that meant nothing to us.  We are trying to compare the insurances available for our child.  

Thanks again for your help Spinner, and please thank your friend, this is so helpful to us.  LFH:-)

spinner

hang in there tight, will get you the info.

when are you goig to court ?