Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

need sample CS stopping order

Started by spinner, Oct 19, 2004, 07:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

ok, Ex and I agreed that I stop paying CS since shared cust and we are putting all that on paper but I need help.

I have CS being witholded by CS enforcement office.
Ex and I just want to send a simple:

"Order for divorce decree amendment" and "Stipulation for divorce decree amendment" however I am in need of the correct wording to make sure that ths CS services understand and stop the witholding.

Any help and or samples?

hisliltulip

http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/groups/children/documents/pub/DHS_id_000756.hcsp

Go to bottom of page, there is a form there:
 Request to Close Support Case (DHS-4060)
This form is used by people who applied for child support services to request to close their case.

My computer personally won't open it, but you may have better luck.  Not sure if this will help, but it may get you started.

If not, call MNDHS, ask them what needs to be done.

Good luck!

spinner

works the same if the CS was ordered by the court itself ?

lookingforhelp

I am not sure, but  my thought is, that you may need to go through the Court.  I know that CS office can make adjustments, that has happened for us with the cost of health insurance (auto deducted through cs, but court-ordered)  when the cost changed (BM married and added people to her policy my dh pays for)  So they were ok with changing the amount my dh pays just by a letter from her.  Have you tried calling the CS office?  

It is my belief that because cs is court ordered, to be legally binding, they would need to have a amended order.  But at the least, have a form with signatures and witnesses, and notary would not hurt.  Good luck with that, let us know how it goes. :D

spinner

http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/groups/children/documents/pub/dhs_id_008813.hcsp

with this, I can close the case (well my ex) and then we simply do a stipulated whatever in the order and that's it.

Looks too simple ?!?!?
any thoughts ?

tulip

I didn't open the link, but is it a form that will be submitted to the judge for signature? If so, then as long as both of you have signed and notarized, then the judge will sign it. When the judge signs it, go to the courthouse and pick it up, bring it to the cs office. That's what I would do, just to make sure they take care of it quickly. Otherwise, you can call them and tell them. They can check the court file to verify it, but they may sit on a while if you leave it up to them.

Congratulations on getting the ex to agree to it all.