Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

where does it say that I need approval?

Started by spinner, Nov 07, 2004, 09:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

I was re-reading my divorce decret since I plan to go out of state for vacation and "thought" I needed ex agreement. However I can't find anywhere in my divorce order that state so.
Apendix A is added but there too can't find anything.

Do I need my ex approval to go out of state as long as it's not specified on my divorce decret ?

jurroppi1

Unless it is specifically stated that all plans during parenting time must be discussed and approved by the CP, then NO, you don't need her say so. You can take the child anywhere you want during your parenting time, and she can't do or say a damned thing about it other than make some false claim that you were trying to abduct the child. Take your court order with you (several copies if at all possible), keep one in your car, your luggage, and one on your person at all times when with your child! This will provide proof that you are on court ordered time with your child. This is all true, unless supervised visitation only is ordered.

As long as you have the child back by the designated time, she really can't do anything about it other than what I mentioned above, or trying to deny your time outright, which is a felony! Your best bet is to act like it will be a normal visitation, don't mention to her what you're planning, or lie about it if you have to, and make your plans, do what you intend to, and have the child back on time at the end of your visitation. If you're supposed to allow telephone visitation, call her when you need to, or if she's supposed to call for phone visits, then call her and tell her the phone number after you've gotten there...

I had this problem with my ex before, and she denied my parenting time more than once because of it.  I spoke to my lawyer about it, and he basically told me the same thing I'm telling you, except for the lying to her part...