Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OUR FAMILY WIZARD

Started by lookingforhelp, Jun 09, 2005, 02:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookingforhelp

Anyone using that?  Wondering what other's opinions are on it.

This was made part of our court order due to high-conflict between parents and to eliminate angry phonecalls and hangups that could be overheard by SD.  

It really helps, for reducing the stress of those dreaded phonecalls, and protection of our child, but we have noticed that the other parent does what they want and says what they want to anyways.  Seems like we spend more time on that than on the phonecalls.

If anyone is wondering what it is, the website is //www.ourfamilywizard.com, and I was able to find a coupon for it online if anyone is thinking of signing up for it.

LFH

Sunshine1

This was just recently made a part of my court order except there was a loop hole.  It said ourfamilywizard OR a notebook.  I chose the notebook. We also email eachother.

Well the problems we have are that my EX does not get the opportunity to actually email me himself.  His wife disguises herself as him and writes the email and sends it off to me pretending to be him and I am 90% sure she deletes what she writes to me.  I can also spot her. She has tell-tale writing styles that she has a hard time remembering to check.

My question is with the wizard is there any way for my ex an I to communicate privately?  He shows her everything and will probably give her the password etc..in which case the Wizard would not be beneficial to us anyway because just like in your case they too will just continue on doing and saying whatever they want and she will just disguise herself as him and continue on.

What kinds of things are they doing?  I know that the wizard can be used in court to show how stupid they are and it can be used against them if you have to.

I know that Dibella can comment on the wizard and its effectiveness..any words of wisdom Dibella???

spinner

the nice thing with that web site is that a user has to loggin to message.
my ex-wife's mom is doing the same thing, she loggs in as ex-wife and message me except that when my ex in court said it wasn't her, the judge said: well: your user, your name, ...... it's yours, don't give your user to your mom

so even if it is not private, this makes it officialy written from the other person even if they don't write it.

you can also track when the person messaged you or not on something

lookingforhelp

It is nice that you can upload your court order and things like insurance cards and medical bills as well.  Other than that, the Calendar and Message Boards are basic.  
It would be nicer if BM used more of the features to keep us in the loop, but she feels she doesn't have to.  The biggest problem is that there is a certain amount of pettiness and lack of common respect shown by the BM, and it will be apparent to the Judge if it ever comes to that, like you said.

We were driven crazy with the mean phonecalls and the hang-up conversations before the Wizard, and we were lucky in that we recorded these phonecalls and were able to present those to the Court as proof of what really happens on who harasses who!  I am sure that I am not the only one who wishes for some decent communication between the parents.  It would be best for SD but you all know how that goes I am sure.  

I agree with Spinner in that the parent with the Wizard account, is ultimately responsible for the account, and if they give out the password, they must be held accountable, as if they were the ones who wrote it.  It is only private if he keeps the password to himself and I don't know of anything to change that for you.  

Our BM is so worried about that same situation (she incorrectly assumes that I write the messages) that she lets it overrule everything else, such as just getting along amicably and resolving the issue.  But I can't understand, Sunshine, why your ex's wife would write things she has to delete, that makes no sense, does she write things that are rude?

Well, just my thoughts, hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

spinner

my main issues with using this site is that BM doesn not answer 1/2 the questions and she also won't post health insurance, ....

The next contempt hearing should fix this.

As long as the 2 parents are smart it work great, if they don't then it also shows the proof you need to hold them in contempt, ....