Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Child Support Law / Format:

Started by Tuckdog, Jun 01, 2005, 02:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuckdog

I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the new child support format that will go into effect in 2007.

lucky

I wasn't aware any new laws had been signed at this time re: cs.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

me neither, can you post a link to it for us ?

lookingforhelp

Hi Lucky, Hi Spinner, and everyone else!  Long time since I wrote in...

The new CS bill was signed by Gov. Pawlenty on June 3rd.  It is Bill SF630.  A nice summary of it can be found on the website, //www.divorceprofessionals.com, on the bulletin board, dated June 3rd, as Child Support Bill Summary.  It is still confusing.  Even more so is the actual bill, at //www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us.

Unfortunately, some things were changed (like presumption of shared custody, and deduction for subsequent children I think) but now in 2007, CS will be based on both parent's gross income.  But just the fact that the new bill is passed is not a reason to change CS, unless a significant event happens in your situation.   That's about what I know.  Hope it helps you all.  

Take care, and talk to you all later.  LFH

lucky

Sounds like we'd be screwed anyway since neither of dh's ex's work for a living!

I'll have to check out the details later, but my bet is that we'd pay more -- a lot more -- were we to use this new law.

Thanks for the info!

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

lookingforhelp

Hey Lucky--

You may be in luck in regards to the new bill presumes that each parent has the ability to work 40 hours a week and it provides specific guidelines for imputing income for voluntarily underemployed or unemployed.  I am taking this info from that summary I wrote about.  So I don't know if that is 100% but that is the info I found.  

I think my dh will pay less than he does for his one child.  Take care, LFH

Lawmoe

For a summary of the new law and Minnesota bulletin boards discussing it, visit http://www.divorceprofessionals.com

hatewelfare

Please tell me that it is still based on custody as far as who pays who. Example...if a dad makes more than mom but child lives with dad, they aren't going to  make dad pay mom are they??

Maybe I'm up to late but that is the way is sounded on your page with the Gross income percentage.