Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

cs hearing 2morrow

Started by tulip, Jan 11, 2006, 05:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

DH is going back 2morrow for round 3. BM said she is going to ask for another continuance because her poor foot is still in a cast, but we haven't heard anything, so I assume it's still on. She told dh on the phone that she can't stand up, so his "you can work at McDonald's" scam isn't going to work this time. What scam? He never suggested she work at McDonald's, her atty brought that up! He suggested that she get a factory where she can sit at a table and put lables on parts. (That pays better than McDonald's too.) Anyway, she says that she can't sit up for more than 15 minutes even though we watched her sit at ss's bb game last weekend for over an hour.

I don't know if she will try the mentally ill thing or not, since I think she figured out that being mentally ill might hinder her plans to get custody back. Duh! We'll see what happens. I just hope this is the end of it. I don't want to write any more court dates on my calendar.

By the way, Sunshine (if you are reading this), in response to your suggestion of calling ss admin to report her meth abuse. DH did that and was told it doesn't matter if she hurt herself by abusing drugs. She can still get SS if she is truly unable to work. Isn't that nice for all of us who are paying into that fund?!? I think he also mentioned that she has a whole new excuse for not working every six months. I don't know if will do any good or not.

Sunshine1

Doesn't that just burn you alive???  The government says it is OK for you to use meth and we will just give you a check to live on so you can keep doing it...and you can count on that check every month on the same day so you may coordinate your usage.  Oh and we will stick you on MA too so you have medical coverage so you when you start picking yourself to death from your hallucinations or need to be resusitated, its covered. That is your story.

My story is PBFH can lie and say she is "panicking" and then the therapist writes the state and Whaaaallla..instant check...and we are also going to give all 5 of your kids a check too, just for good measure so you do not have to do absolutley ANYTHING!

I HATE SOCIAL SECURITY!!  ITS STUPID!!!!

Should I tell you how I really feel?  :)

Sunshine1

tulip

BM did not even show up for court. DH was there at 8:30am. He talked to the CA and was told there is nothing they can do, it will be continued. There is a form here that says she cannot work. It doesn't matter that it's from August and she has been telling ss that is going back to work. They waited for her til 10:30 and then went into court.

The CA and the magistrate both agreed that because she is on welfare, they cannot ask her to pay cs. So cs is still "reserved" until there is a change in circumstances, ie., she gets a job or gets ss.

What really makes me mad about it is that the next day she called dh to laugh at him. She found out what happened in court and called to rub his nose in it!

Sunshine1

Same exact story here.  BM went 3 years without paying CS, finally was threatened with DL suspension, which we didn't know about and she was driving anyway.  Then she didn't show for court and the judge gave her a month to produce some documents, of which were 6 months old saying she couldn't work.  

Then after that month she didn't show up again and then she gave her another month to produce more documents showing she had applied for SSI and Whallaaaaa..retro-acted CS from when she was approved for SSI getting her out of a year an a half of CS because of a new law that was passed saying you can do that.  Isn't that nice?...oh yeah and from that day forward she is free and clear of ever paying support because DH will receive benefits for the kids.

Guess how much he gets????................c'mon guess.....................................................................................................................................  Give up?  $12.00 a child equalling 24.00 a month.  The envelope and stamp and the time to mail it almost has to cost more.  They wanted DH to do direct deposit and he said hell no, they can mail me a paper check for this ridiculous amount each and every time!  See the trick to getting 200.00 a month for each is you have to have actually worked...continually in your life, you have to have actually payed into the system throughout your life to get any kind of substantial benefit for your kids.

It does however make me smile that she only gets 12.00 per kid...even the ones with her...$36.00 worth he he he!

She is pathetic.  I know the kids will figure it out when they get older, but the waiting for that day is going to kill me I think.