Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

looking for a custody evaluator

Started by tulip, Jun 21, 2006, 11:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

My friend's brother is going through a divorce and wants to get custody of his kids. I think they are 9, 7, and 5. The bm has been inconsistent in her time with kids. They had agreed on e/o weekend thing, but he has the kids every weekend because she wants to go out. I gave my friend some advice to help her brother out, and one of the things I told her is when they get to the evaluation, do not let the county appointed person do it. They do not do a thorough enough evaluation and are often biased. I advised her that he should hire a private evaluator, and she asked me where to find one. I followed a couple of the resource links from this page and got nothing. Does anyone have any helpful ideas? I think they are in Stearns Co. (St. Cloud area.)

lucky

I'm in Stearns.  We had three different court-appointed GALs, all women.  One did a great job and was unbiased, but she stopped being a GAL.  

The other two LOVED mommy-dearest in spite of reams of information from doctors, counselors and police report stating the two pbfh's were NOT the best.

I can't remember one of them, but the other one is Maureen McAllister -- stay away from her!

I've heard of a guy (also court appointed, I believe) who was very good and impartial, I don't know if he still is a GAL in the area.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember his name, but I will and I'll post it.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

lucky

Now if I can just come up with his last name too...

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers