Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question on insurance and new CS laws

Started by Crockpot, Apr 18, 2007, 07:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

Hello.  I'm writing this from my SO account.  We are going to be married in September and will probably use my employer's insurance for us and his kids.  He is NCP.  His divorce was before the new CS laws and took into account his net income.  

Will the insurance costs coming out of my paycheck affect his CS if ever recalculated?  His net income will increase but only on paper, it will come out of my paycheck.  My understanding is when done on the new CS system they look at gross income.  Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thanks!

spinner

yes on the new system they will look at gross income and health cost, not that you or he is spending it

lucky

I would double-check with your HR department.  I was going to do the same thing for my stepkids that dh is NCP of - I could only cover stepkids if they lived with me and dh had custody - that was the insurance company's rule.  

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Crockpot

Good point Lucky.  I'll check with them on Monday!