Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

on line cs calculator

Started by Crockpot, Jan 09, 2008, 01:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

I'm assuming some have used this.  I'm plugging in the numbers, but my DH has his kids about 38% of the time.  The caclulator defaults to 12% if I choose the 10-45% option.  Anyone know how to calculate a different pecentage?

http://childsupportcalculator.dhs.state.mn.us/Calculator.aspx

lucky

The way I understand MN CS is that there are only three brackets for time percentage period.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Crockpot

Really?  That figures!  We're on the high end of one bracket.

Thanks!

lucky

I just re-read your post and went out to the calculator to figure out what dh's ex would pay (not worth the filing although she SHOULD be paying).

Anyway, the 12% you are mentioning isn't the amount of parenting time, it is the amount of the deduction for parenting time.  Any NCP who gets 10-45% of the time, [em]may[/em] be eligible for a 12% deduction in how much they pay.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

I was on the high end of a bracket as well but my order did not explicitely said I had 38% or 46%, ... just every other week-end plus this plus that plus this, ...

I did use the parenting time tracker here to show tha tit amounted to 46% of the time.

She tried to show that it amounted to only 43% of the time

The Magistrate sided on my side and did put me in the 45 to 50% bracket which is hudge if you think about it.

now all the future orders will reflect at least 45 to 50%, ....

the Magistrate only did cut my CS in 1/2 and used his discretion to limit the downward change but you know what? the new law also says that if there is 20% change and 75$ at least it's unfair well then I am filing every 6 month till they get it right :)

anyway, bottom line is that if this is not explicitely defined as numbers in your order, the bracket is argueable in court.

Crockpot

It appears we're at 38% of time.  We just added a mid-week overnight so I don't see it going up much more anytime soon.

Thanks for the help, good information!