Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A good lawyer who will listen to US

Started by luckystepmom, Aug 03, 2004, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckystepmom

OK so our first shot at custody was nothing more than a very expensive joke.  We had piles of appealable issues but $40,000 grand is a big hole to dig yourself out of.  BM is "engaged"  once she marries, it should qualify for change of circumstances...new trial.  I refuse to stuck with our very nice and totally incompetant lawyer.  At the first trial, we said if we showed our case and lost, we would accept it.  But what happened was not our case.  (To the extreme of my husband literally pulling at our attorneys sleeve to tell him what we NEEDED him to say, instead he said we rest your honor.  The entire case WE put together was destroyed by his "lawyering ability"  we'd say please question BM about this.  He'd say I'm saving those questions for the evaluator.  Then never asked the evaluator.)  BM said in court they weren't marrying for at least 5 years.  But her lies are endless and last week SD was singing "Here Comes the Bride"  Can someone reccomend a good, scratch that, GREAT custody lawyer that will actually listen to us?  I don't know how soon we'll be back in court, but I want to be prepared.  I'm sure we won't find out about her marriage until after the fact, so things will need to move quickly once we know.