Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help, ex-wife trying to take kids away

Started by librooks, Sep 14, 2004, 04:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

librooks

My boyfriend just went through a messy divorce and custody battle. He gave up everything to be able to see his 3 kids, because the ex-wife fought him every step of the way. He now sees them once every 2 weeks. He's a wonderful father and loves his kids dearly and would give up his life for them. The ex-wife contacted DYFS (Division of Youth and Family Services) today because his son came home with bruises on his arm. He and his dad and sisters rough-house and of course they're going to get bruised now and then. This is part of being a kid, and it's all in good fun. He would NEVER hit those kids. Worse, when the counselor asked the son what happened, he told her that his dad grabbed him and punched his arm. This is not true, I was there! When my bf dug a little further, it became obvious that the ex-wife is telling the son what to say.

What can he do at this point? Can DYFS consider "rough-housing" abuse? This is ridiculous. He needs to know where to go from here. The ex-wife will stop at nothing to make my boyfriend's life miserable, but to get the kids involved is unforgivable. She knows he's a good father, she's just punishing him for leaving her. They live in NJ. Please help!