Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:55:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for fathers who have won custody in NC

Started by luckystepmother, Mar 10, 2004, 08:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckystepmother

My husband and I are beginning the research we believe we'll need to start a custody battle with his ex-wife. I would like to know how the state of NC views fathers and what is the likelyhood we'll win custody. I know that times have changed and more and more fathers have been given primary custody-but you just never know....

Thank you.

maxwell

Hi
  I reside in NC but my custody case is in SC. This past Monday at our second temporary hearing I was given full custody of my 13 month old son. At our first hearing back in June (he was 4 months then) i was awarded joint custody (every other week).  My situation is a bit complicated and I was warned that it is hard for a father to win -- but it appears I did (or rather my son has).  We hope to wrap this up at a final hearing soon.  I think what aided me was the thorough investigation i did of the BM - someone i thought I knew but who i really didn't (we had never married nor dated long).

I can offer more insight i suppose -- just reply or leave an email.
m

charm910

I am looking for anyone living on the east coast,please let me know if you do.

charm910

Also trying to get custody in NC, we have been told you need hard evidence against mother to get custody. Please let me know where you live in NC.