Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My brain is fried, HELP!!!

Started by MYSONSDAD, Jan 30, 2005, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I have a few months before the custody part of the trial moves forward.

Mediation has been ordered and I have time to do additional research.

Just ordered Blind Baseball and I know there is another book out there, but it has two editions. I beleive it is Win the Custody War. Can anyone here tell me which one is the better of the two?

All help is most appreciated and additional recommended reading...

antonin

The book is Win Your Child Custody War by Charlotte Hardwick. This book helped me get 50/50/. The "Book of Life" section was extremely helpful and I followed it to a "T".
It helped convince the FOC evaualtor I was not a child beater as my ex alledged.

ksmomof2girls

right after or right before I found this site, I found this book, I really like the book.

Its called " Parenting After Divorce"  by Phillip M Stahl, Ph.D

Another one I have is " The Custody Wars" by Mary Ann Mason Ph.D.,J.D.

I hope that those help you.

PAD, has a section about different types of CPS, a really good detailed Parenting plan, and I also believe it deals with PAS some.

Hawkeye

Here's some other books that may be helpful,

"The Custody Revolution" by Dr. Richard Warshak ISBN 0-671-74694-4

"Divorced Dads" by Sanford Braver ISBN 0-87477-862-X

"Fighting For Your Children" by Steinbreder & Kent ISBN 0-87833-941-8

If you can't find them locally, try eBay and half.com. I don't know if any of these have been updated, but at least it's a starting point.

FLMom

OK, don't laugh. One of the best books I found was called:

"Joint Custody With a Jerk"
  'Raising a Child with an Uncooperative Ex'
     . . A hands-on, practical guide to coping with custody issues that arise with an uncooperative ex-spouse. . . .

I saw things in a different light after reading this. I got it in that horrible wait when I had all of my info together but the hearing kept getting postponed. While it doesn't specifically apply to the courtroom, it helped me there because it taught me how to act and, more importantly, RE-act.
And we all know that the more rational you are during court the better things will be. When you've got your act completely together and the other party is a squirrel (my ex actually stood up and yelled "SHE'S A LIAR!!" at one point!) it can do you nothing but good.

And by the way, I just looked at the judge and blinked. Suffice it to say that after the judge was done with his "speech" the ex didn't make a peep the whole rest of the day.

FLMom