Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

another child support question

Started by rtwins, Jan 15, 2004, 06:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtwins

Yesterday at my husbands administrative hearing regarding his support mod, it was determined that the amount would go down based on tax information that was provided back in 1995 by both parties.

After we got home we realized they never indicated whether or not the new amount would be retroactive back to 1995.

Does anyone know if they should be retroactive and if there is anything in the Ohio law or statutes to support that?

They did not indicate as to what the new amount will be but if it is retroactive, this could help our arrears problem alot.

PACE

The modification goes back only to the point at which he filed for the modification, not to the orginal date. Had he objected then based on bad info then you could have gone back to the orginal date.

rtwins

1995 is not the original date. 1992 is the original. The support order has never been reviewed or modified before.

CS said that we requested a mod in 1995 but then it was dismissed. Neither my husband or I recall petitioning for a mod back then. Don't have any paperwork on it either, so I don't know where they are getting their info but we have been requesting for a mod since 2001. First through the court and then with CS.

I spoke with a girl in columbus at the state support office and she said that it could be retroactive but we have to ask and if not, appeal .