Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just wondering.........

Started by sherrie ohio, Oct 25, 2005, 07:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrie ohio

Need advise! My husbands child has come to our house sick several times this year.Can he take her to the doctor to seek help without moms say so or haveing legal custody?And yes there were several times she was in need of treatment from a doctor.

sherrie ohio

Can he take her and have her treated if there's an ergent need?We had her once and you could hardly touch her skin she was so hot.We are realy scared one of these times something going to happen to her.I realy think mom takes her to the doctor only when her shedule free.

sherrie ohio

Did some calling and found out on our own.

longship

I think the answer is that if it's urgent care, you can take her, but for non-urgent care, you need her permission.  Is that what you found out?

sherrie ohio

The child gets sick alot!And Bm does this deal were she wont answer the phone untill it's close to or the time its ready for her to go back.A couple weekends ago SD came here real sick!!Her fever didnt go lower than 101.0.Couldnt get any meds down her or food.Could only reach BM once and her response was give her and asprin she'll be okay.Dad told her she needs to go to the doctor .BM tells him again give her the pill and if she dont get better call me back.He mention maybe i'll take her up.To which she replieds you cant,i have custody.Dad tried again later and she couldnt be reached.SD spent weekend very sick and weak here.

longship

What I would do is take her to the doctor if she has a fever and can't keep food down.  If BM has a problem with it, then she can take you to court for contempt.  I'm sure the judge will just laugh at her.

sherrie ohio

We have learned that the only help shell get while here is through us.That BM cannot be counted on in a time of need.To not let the fact he's the NCP hold us back.And we called and asked what they would consider urgent care needed.We both feel bad now that we just didnt take her.We wont make the same mistake.Still BM is saying we are over reacting.Next time we are just going to take her if need arise.I feel bad for SD that BM weekend out is more important.I dont know were peoples minds are!