Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

introduce yourself!

Started by longship, Nov 02, 2005, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longship

Hi everyone!

I've noticed that this board has picked up a bit lately.  If you are reading this, why not post a quick introduction and we can get to know each other a bit!

I'll start.

I'm a SM to my husband's 2 boys, ages 11 and 7.  DH and I have an almost 1 year old son together.  We have the SKids everyother weekend and 4 weeks in the summer.  We live in Montgomery county, but our CO is through Greene county (Dayton area).  SKids live about an hour and a half away and DH and his ex meet at a halfway point for exchange.  We have problems galore with BM, but no time right now to post about them all!

longship
SM to 2 boys
BM to my little guy
DH - my wonderful husband

Bolivar

Hi Ohio'ins

I am the dad of a Wonderful - Magnificent - Brilliant - Fantastic 6 year old boy.

I live in the Bolivar area which is off RT. 77 between Canton and New Philadelphia.

That's Right!!!!..... Tuscarawas County.  We still hold the record for being the County with the most obese people in OHIO.  Along with that recognition we annually have the record Deer Kill.

Ok,,, on with the high lights.  The reining imperialists who administer the Government Regulation on the Family here:  

Judge - Elizabeth Lehigh Thomakos )(
Administrative Judge - Edward Emmett O'Farrell )(
Magistrate - Karen Zajkowski )(

Let me switch gears with a copy/paste of some tidbits from Andy Rooney. :+ :7 :P :-) :+

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That being kind is more important than being right.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That money doesn't buy class.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT]... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT] ... That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.

[FONT COLOR="green"][EM]I've learned..[/EM][/FONT].... That I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away.

sherrie ohio

Hi, I'm a SM to my husbands Daughter and we have and 8 year old son.Who is the light of my life.We live in the southern part of the state,back in the country.We have my SD about three weekends a month.With lots of problems with BM,S-DAD and BM parents at times.But keep the faith that things will get better.  

krazyfamily_6

Hello!

I am the proud mother of 3 wonderful children and step mother to my husband's equally wonderful son.  Their ages are 10, 8, 6, and 4.  We live in Perry Co.  and I am the sole custodial parent of my children and my husband and his ex share custody of their son.  We have him 90% of the time though while she still collects all of the $$$$ she can from my husband.  Like all of you I'm sure, we have too numerous problems with BM.... Luckily, my ex, my husband and I get along great!!  

Nice to meet you all!:+

stepmom2morgan

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm 30.  I'm married to Derek who is 25 (yep, I'm a cradle robber).  I have a wonderful SD Morgan that just turned 6.  We went through hell for the first 3 years of her life just to get standard visitation.  BM and Derek were never married, never even boyfriend and girlfriend actually, and she just wanted him to go away so her new man could be the daddy.  Finally the judge ordered a psych eval of me, Derek, BM, BM's husband, and Morgan.  After that the judge told BM that Morgan was lucky to have Derek and me in her life and if she sees us in court again she will give Derek full custody and the only reason she's not doing it now is because of how young she is.  After that BM has straightened up and flown right for the most part.  We still have issues but nothing you'd end up back in court for.  Derek and BM are learning to work things out on their own (usually with lucky me as the mediator).  Anywhoo, in April of 2004 we added our darling son Elijah to our family.  He is a constant joy, I just feel sad that we can't provide for him the manner we'd like to because CS and lawyer fees have/are draining us financially.  Nice to meet you!

Best Wishes,
stepmom2morgan