Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

can something be done?

Started by sherrie ohio, Dec 14, 2005, 08:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrie ohio

My husband has an dated court order for visitation's with his child.In the court order it's stated that he have a phone call each week with the child.And this was also something the GAL wanted to in his report.
Now the BM is saying she no longer has a phone.And when you call its disconected.We called information and there's none listed.But we have strong info that she just had the number changed and unlisted.(afraid to post info in case she's comes upon this site.)
My ouestion is if she still has a phone,isnt that a violation against a court order, not to give the number to my husband?Not haveing phone contact is causeing problems with visitations and other things.Can something be done?

longship

I think the only thing that can be done is to go back to court and charge her with contempt.  Not having a phone is a danger to the child...what if you needed to call 911 for a medical emergency?  You would probably be able to get the court to order her to maintain a phone and give you the #.  

You can try asking the child if they have a phone.  The child may know the phone #.  Also, if your child is in school/daycare, you can have all the records sent to you.  Tell them to send you the student record that lists the child's current information.  She should keep the child's school informed of the phone #.

Good Luck.  

longship
SM to 2 boys
BM to my little guy
DH - my wonderful husband

sherrie ohio

Called and asked a lawyer about going back to court and chargeing her with contempt.He said all she had to do to get out of it is to declare "hardship"money problems.With neither her or her husband working and all those children involved,the court would mostlikely let it slide.
I asked about the fact she maintains Dish Network,fixing her house up.And also told him my thought that she still had a phone just changed the number/unlisted.Still he said she would at the most get a verbal scolding.And it's going to cost alot to prove she still has one.
I give up!! The system does not want to help the fathers,they only want the money.You hear in the news about all these so called dead beat dads,but you never hear anything on T.V. about all these mothers milking the system for years.
Sorry about the vent  and thanks for your help! I guess we'll just have to live with it.

sherrie ohio

Took your advise an asked the child in an round about way.Found out BM no longer has land line.

mango

I bet she has a cell phone.

sherrie ohio

You thought right!

stepmom2morgan

"I give up!! The system does not want to help the fathers,they only want the money.You hear in the news about all these so called dead beat dads,but you never hear anything on T.V. about all these mothers milking the system for years."

Unfortunately that is the truth.  It totally sucks and makes me scared for my son when he grows up.  All I pray is that the girl he chooses to be the mother of his children won't turn pyscho on him.

Best Wishes,
stepmom2morgan