Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Purple Ribbons

Started by c_alexander, Jan 28, 2005, 11:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stepmom0418

I was sitting here in front of the computer doing what I do most every morning after getting the kids all out the door to school. (checking in on Sparc) I was reading the above post and went to your web site to see the update and had this thought......

How about : WE THE PARENTS DEMAND FAMILY LAW REFORM NOW!

Just an idea, whats everyone else think?

c_alexander

Well the final revision of the purple NCP rights magnetic car ribbon is posted at my website: http://help-a-dad.blogspot.com/

I have set up a seperate page for ordering the ribbons which uses pay pal to make it safe and easy for everyone to order.

The ribbons will be $5.00 each plus shipping+Handling (about $1.00 per ribbon) and I set it up so you can order as many as you want. I will most likely be taking pre-orders of the ribbons sometime next week and then once I place the order with the manufacturer they should be to me with 10 business days and to everyone who orders them a few days after that. I am ordering 500 to begin with to see what kind of response we get. Already I have 30-40 orders...at least people saying they WANT to order some anyway. Whether they do or not is another thing.

I sincerely and honestly hope that these ribbons can help raise awareness about our battles. Also perhaps I can earn a little money to help with my move to Colorado. I have tried to keep the cost of the ribbons low because of the fact that most of us are broke...well at least I am..haha.

I will post something next week when I am ready to begin taking orders. Thank you again for all of the input and support.

Sincerely,
The Ribbon Guy
Chris Alexander
[email protected]

MYSONSDAD

Just checked them out and they look good, I like the heart in the middle.
Keep a few in your pocket at all times, check out local gas stations and see if they would be willing to add them to other ribbons they sell.

Did  you mention these to other groups?

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

I have mentioned the ribbons to 10 different fathers rights/ NCP rights yahoo groups, IndianaCRC.org, KRIGHTS, and several others. My fingers are cramping from all the typing hahaha. There has been a very good response. I have counted...for those who mentioned numbers in their e-mails, approximately 70 orders and I won't be taking orders till next week. That's not bad considering 99% of those responses came back to me in a 2 hour period.

I have the website where I will be selling these all set up. I am in the process of creating a purple ribbon web link button to the order site for people to put on their web pages.

I had thought that for an organization who could afford it these would be great to give out to the public like at a non-violent protest or someting. I had not really thought about ti until now but I might be able to work out some kind of discount quantity pricing for orders of 100 or more.

Anyway tell your friends, tell members of any and all NCP or fathers rights websites you can think of and perhaps we together we can give our cause a voice. Also PLEASE tell everyone you know because I am biting the bullet here are spending almsot everything I got to order 500 of these magnets. I really need to sell them all....I don't have enough car for 500 magnets..haha.

MYSONSDAD

As soon as the website is ready to go and take orders, post the link to all the organizations you can. Word will get out. Once they are visible on the vehicles, word will get out that way too.

You might think about working up some business cards, this you can do yourself. Pass the word to all local merchants in your area.
When you send snail mail, include the card, or at the very least, enclose the website at the end of your closing.

I really think this will take off...

"Children learn what they live"

ksmomof2girls

What about Ebay and Yahoo! Auctions?

See if you can do the Buy now thing on Ebay instead of auctioning them off.

c_alexander

On E-bay you have to have a merchant reputation built up before you can use the "Buy now" feature. I jsut signed up for them about a week ago and haven't had anything to sell so no reputation so can't use the Buy-now feature. If I can't sell all 500 ribbons through the communtiy I will use them or perhaps talk to some local merchants to see if they would stock them. One way or another I MUST sell them all. I hope that this will be easy and I can order another 500 or so to sell. The more of these we get out there and on cars for people to see the more we can draw others to our fight.

Do I sound like a broken record yet? haha Sorry I have been hard at work on this thing and I'm getting kind tired. Please bear with me.

Sincerely,
Chris

kitten

How much does each one cost you?

c_alexander

It depends on how many I order. The price per unit goes down the more I order, but the number I must sell to break even goes up.  

kitten

Just hoping you would make some kind of profit to help with your move.