Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Termination of child support

Started by TX, May 03, 2004, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TX

Does anyone have the correct paper to file to terminate child support. The child support is garnished automatically from my paycheck and I thought once the children were 18 and not enrolled in school it was automatically stopped. I was wrong. My payroll department informed me they need a court order to stop, which according to Harris County, I have to hire an attorney. Is there a way to file it myself? I can't hardle stand the thought of paying another attorney due to the fact of the mess one put me in to begin with. So, if anyone out there has any advice for filing in Harris County for termination please send it my way! I've checked on line for a termination filing and couldn't find one anywhere! in the meantime, my ex is living it up!

kiddosmom

First off if this is the last you will need one, may as well hire an attorney to get your ex off your back, its a small price to pay for freedom. Just make sure you look around for a good one this time! Become educated in what area you need and ask them serious questions, then choose.

mtbitara

Doesn't the CS order specify when the payment should be until? (such as "until child's 18th birthday or graduation from high school?"

Contact me: [email protected]