Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:46:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can geographic location cause sickness??

Started by pw7285, Feb 07, 2005, 01:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pw7285

My daughter is 5 years old and has lived in Iowa for the past 16 months with her mother.  During this time she has been sick with strep, RSV, sinus infections, upper respitory infections and a host of other illnesses.  She has been to urgent care, ER's and pediatricians over 20 times.  She has been diagnosed with Asthma recently and has had dairy allergies since she was an infant.  Currently she is taking Singulair for her allergies and Albuterol for her asthma.

I live in Arizona and visit her every 8 to 10 weeks.  She has been back here to Arizona with me 3 times for 2 weeks each visit.  I stay very involved with her health and activities and am really getting concerned about her health.  He mother and I talk regularly about her health and agreed to take her to an Allergy and Immunology doctor.

Is it possible that being in Iowa is aggravating her condition?  I have considered presenting this to the courts.   Does anyone have any input as to how I should proceed? Do I have a valid concern (I think I do)? Can anything be done?

Appreciate the feedback.

lovebug

I've had to deal with this too. My 9 year old has had a similar fate and I've actually spent the day going over the doctor's records I just received.

I don't think the court will give it much weight as long as your daughter has been treated for her illnesses. When babies get RSV they seem more likely to have breathing/RAD/Asthma problems too.

My ex wife has stated that because my daughter has been spending weekday visits with me she has gotten sick more frequesntly. But my daughter has also had difficulty breathing/upper respitory infections/asthma/Acute reactive airway distress several time during the time I lived in another state and her mother was her primary caretaker.

I don't think location (my daughter, ex and I all live in GA) will have much baring on frequency of illnesses. Arizona my have a better climate and less seasonal allergens but that alone is not going to hold water in a custody mod. That's my opinion anyway.

It is interesting and shows good documentation and it might be somthing to hold onto for future use/reference.

I hope your daughter can break her string of illnesses. I sure hope mine can!

~D~

pw7285

SadStepMom

It think you should post this to Soc.  I have no idea how courts would look at it.

I do know that location can have a lot to do with overall health.  I have experienced this first hand, and have also heard many stories.

I definitely think you should look into it more.

Kent

... it is much more likely that the overall personal and home hygiene plays a big roll here.

My son used to get sick frequently while he was in his mother's care, and we live 1 hr apart.

Kent!