Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I wonder what will happen next.

Started by Kent, Feb 08, 2005, 01:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Well,

I got a call from the PBFH last week. While our child is in her care, he is now totally out of control, angry, talks back, and has major attitude problems.

Strange that he doesn't display this behavior when he's in our home...
Anyway, she wants me to talk to him about this. Which I am willing to do, but it will only make things worse. It is an open confirmation to him that she's losing control and doesn't know how to get it back. Which is unfortunate, because it makes him try his limits at school too. But luckily he has a fantastic teacher with whom we have excellent contact. So we'll keep him in line there.

Kent!

Davy

Hey Kent !

What seems like icons ago I somehow had the impression you were raising the kids alone and the kids were doing great.  Was I mistaken or have things changed ??  

Whatever...I know you will be the best for the kids !!  

Kent

Davy,

We're on a week-to-week schedule. Kid IS doing great, at least at my home and in school. It's her home where there appear to be a lot of problems.

Kent!

Moebear1

Wow, that sounds familiar.  When DH & I first got together, BM was working nights and her parents watched SDs.  After about 6 months, her parents moved away and BM asked DH if we would watch them, so we had them 4 nights per week, plus EOW.  During this time, she would call when they were at her house and ask DH to tell them to go to bed or to behave.  We never had this problem at our house.  They were about 6 & 9 at the time.  We went to court to try to make this "shared parenting" permanent but were denied.  So we're back to EOW/Tues. & Thurs. 6-8 but she still cannot control them.
I don't have an answer but I don't think it will get any better for her.

joni

kids are smart, they know which side of the fence is greener!

Childrenfirst

Hi Kent!

Good to hear from you. I am not on much any more. Still trying to heal and get my strength back. This is her battle and always has been for her. I remember all the head games she played to win your son over and take him away from you, even when it was shared parenting. Looks to me as if through the years it has backfired on her.
I would not even talk to your son about this. I agree with you that it will just make matters worse. You just enjoy Patrick at your home and let her get her own problems under control. Maybe she will get sick of it and let him be with you all the time again. HMMMMMM..wouldn't that be too bad. I know that you want and believe in both parents being in a child's life. She must step up and not have you be the go-between.
Good to see you are still around, my ol' friend! Stay happy!