Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Sons of Murphy Brown - Wimps and Barbarians (part 1)

Started by Brent, Dec 19, 2003, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Mom

Though I'm mellowing out with age (something I do NOT like), I still like to listen to my heavy metal music on occasion.

I gotta say...growing up in the 80's, I'm definitely a "hair band" kinda girl.  It just doesn't get any better than Poison.  I AM the true Fallen Angel, I AM what the cat dragged in, and NO..my mama don't dance and my daddy don't rock 'n roll.  Def Leppard is sweet, one of my all time favorites, but man...Poison gets my juices flowing.  I remember my mother "outlawing" Motley Crue.  Din't work mama, cause your daughter is smokin' in the boys room!!!!!

I prefer monster ballads...they're kewl as they come!!!!  But something about the rants of bands like Ozzy and Disturbed, System of a Down and Rush, Queensryche, Zepplin, and slipknot.  All kewl...but den deres Tom Petty...and boy do I get made fun of for dancing like a lunatic to his music...LOL  

Oh well....still a barbarian and PROUD of it.

And a ps for those of you who think you can't "make love" to heavy metal.  DUH...we ain't makin love, we're f******!

Astro

Yes, dreads screw up the ozone.  It is due to the fumigation that must be administered periodically.  You know, of course, that they do this on purpose to create a natural habitat for Pediculina tribes (lice).  However, even munchers must prescribe to certain conservation criteria (herd management.)   )(

And....conservative as I've become (scary), I'm with you on the heavy metal!  Metallica is coming to my town in a couple of months!  I saw them many years ago in Daytona--a great show.  But now I'm debating whether the $77 tickets are worth it--well it's worth it but will I pay it?  

Indigo Mom

OMG...boy did I need this laugh after reading Mr. Wallaces sad post!!!!!

Anyway, you HAVE to pay the $77.  We're getting old, no point denying that.  We just ain't gettin' any younger, baby!  Heavy metal is our ONLY cling to youth...and man, call me a cling on, but I'm keeping everything I can get my mitts on!!!!

I used to love Metallica, but then they pulled that crap about wanting to sue EACH napster user who downloaded one of their songs.  While I understand what they were whining about, I just can't help but think what selfish, greedy turds they are.  I mean...GEE...haven't they enough MILLIONS to give to charity every once in a while????

Even though I'm mad at them, their son One has been my favorite for many many MAAAAAAAAAANY years.  Gawd...I'm old.  I want to go, too!!!!

StPaulieGirl

I heard a story back in the seventies, about hippies wearing flea collars.

I hate how Metallica melted down.  They used to be a kickass band, then after they won a Grammy, they started wearing make-up and acting weird.  77 bucks?  Only you know if it's worth it.  If I had the money I would have gone to the Slayer concert.

StPaulieGirl

I used to love Metallica, but then they pulled that crap about wanting to sue EACH napster user who downloaded one of their songs. While I understand what they were whining about, I just can't help but think what selfish, greedy turds they are. I mean...GEE...haven't they enough MILLIONS to give to charity every once in a while????

[p]They had a collectivie nervous breakdown/drug episode.  All the money they make, and they whine about people downloading their music?  After the last cd's they released, they should be happy that people want to listen to them, period.

Fade to Black.