Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support protest

Started by c_alexander, Feb 24, 2005, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8Dad

For many reasons, the least of which that the children will be suffering, because they CP will NOT say, "Well, Daddy is protesting, so you have to understand..."  CP will say, "That bastard trying to starve you...".

Also, the CP's have been saying for YEARS that men are deadbeats, and won't pay support, they will now have the numbers to back it up,a nd the laws will become harsher for it.

TPK

I think I'd rather pay my CS than to sit in a jail cell. I'll never be called a "deadbeat", not in this lifetime.

If someone is whining about paying CS, then maybe you should not have had children.

The laws are what they are...unfair, but you gotta SUCK IT UP and pay.

c_alexander

YOu know while I live with my parents and barley have enough money to get by, my ex wife and daughter are living in a $500,000 home. My daughter wants for nothing, and my child support is WAY more then she needs to live comfortably off of.

the thing you ALL have to understand about child support is that it does not effect the children as much as they want you to believe, but it DOES effect the states budget, especially if a group of people were BOLD enough to say " We are not going to pay this until we get equal rights with our kids!" Do you all think that ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. didn't face some time in jail and persecution for what they did. What they did cost them their lives, but they made significant and amazing change. Thats what WE need to do, but until everyone realizes that, we are goign to go on getting screwed bythe system because they can, and we are jsut cattle for the slaughter..... forget that. I'M ONE MAD COW!

kitten

MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TPK

>YOu know while I live with my parents and barley have enough
>money to get by, my ex wife and daughter are living in a
>$500,000 home. My daughter wants for nothing, and my child
>support is WAY more then she needs to live comfortably off of.

You may be paying more CS than what your child needs, but everybody's situation is different.  What if your wife was living in a homeless shelter with your child?. What if your wife or another CP was just barely getting by? The CS laws for each state don't allow for examination of living conditions for EACH child/CP.

CS is not just for food, clothing, toys, medical bills etc. It's for paying bills for the overhead on a house/apartment etc.  Being that your wife lives in a $500K house her overhead might be high, thus you're paying for some of that.

We all know the CS is  not ALL used on the child, that's just the way it is. I've seen some postings in here about a Mom worried about not being able to make the mortgage payment if NCP doesn't pony-up the CS.

I think maybe an idea would be to have state laws that allow for an "accounting" of what the CS is used for. That would probably clutter out the courtrooms across the USA with NCPs filing contempt suits everywhere if the money isn't spent to the nickel on what CS is paid out.
>
>
>the thing you ALL have to understand about child support is
>that it does not effect the children as much as they want you
>to believe, but it DOES effect the states budget, especially
>if a group of people were BOLD enough to say " We are not
>going to pay this until we get equal rights with our kids!" Do
>you all think that ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. didn't
>face some time in jail and persecution for what they did. What
>they did cost them their lives, but they made significant and
>amazing change. Thats what WE need to do, but until everyone
>realizes that, we are goign to go on getting screwed bythe
>system because they can, and we are jsut cattle for the
>slaughter..... forget that. I'M ONE MAD COW!

I have read your postings about your saga, and I have sympathy for you. I think you need to get yourself to Colorado PRONTO no matter what it takes. Get to Co. and then go from there, right the wrongs you believe have been done against you.

My wife kept our 4 month old away from me for 4 months. She was hiding and I did EVERYTHING I could to find them, spared no expense. My hard work paid off and I dragged her into court and got my parenting time and she got a tongue lashing by the judge.

Make it happen, no matter what it takes.

Best of luck to you.

TPK
>
>

c_alexander

I am sorry TPK, but I do not agree with you on this point. They ONLY people who should ever have to pay chiold support are parents that do not want to have anything to do with their kids or are completely worthless. Any parent that is able and willing to be a real parent to their children should be awarded a 50-50 custody if possible and allowed to raise their child. Child support shouldn't be a paycheck, it should be the support you give your child when they are with you.

I am very firmly against this because the only thing we are accomplishing by paying support is making alot of people(like myslef) broke and that state governements and our ex's rich.

If my ex was living in a homeless shelter then she should not have custody of our daughter...period. She would lack the drive nessecary to make a living and provide for a child. In my case my ex wife decided to mooch of of richer men ( from what I have seen this is a more and more popular thing for some evil ex wives to do) rather then earn the money herself. Currently she only works part time while attending school and I foot the bill for it all along with her new man, and her other ex's (3 in total) who she has all gotten wealthier off of.

I think what makes me the sickest is the attitude of people that "thats jsut the way it is".  That is the way it is because you give inand don't fight for your rights.  Mothers who can't make the mortgage payment because of Cs? Gimme a break, if things are that tight then you are living beyond your means and you need to rethink your situation. Also in how many of these cases are the non-custodial parents able and willing to support their child in a 50-50 parenting time scenario?

I mean seriously, why should I pay my ex wife money to raise our daughter when I am here figting to be a part of my daughters life? That is ignorant.  Let me ask you ALL something, if you saw someone on WELFARE who simply did not work to their potential because they could count on that welfare check wouldn't it make you mad? To think that you money is going to someone who "chooses" to in essence be LAZY and not work for the money. Now why are we paying child support when there are a MAJORITY of parents out there willing and able to be a part of their kids lives and willing to fight and bend over backwards to be a parent? I am sorry I do not and will never agree with child support in MOST cases.

I am still going forward with my protest and I urge any and all of you willing to make a sacrifice for change to do the same. I have organized a small group here in Indiana and hope to get enough people to stop paying Child support as to cripple the states into hearing our demands. I am still reasearching it, but hope to offer proof that the governments are making alot of money off of us.

DecentDad

Chris,

Protesting child support in an act of civil disobedience should have some purpose.  If your purpose is to drive enough people to do it so that the state must concede on some level, that is your decision.  Whether or not it's successful will be seen in the future.

However, you should STRONGLY consider that your attitude and actions (i.e., or at least your stated intent today) will ELIMINATE any judge from having any sympathy on you with regards to seeing your daughter.

If you take the path of which you speak in these posts, you are kissing her goodbye.

If you want to view yourself as a martyr, again, that's your decision.  But martyrs often live painful, lonely lives.

And if your protesting doesn't quite work out as well as you believe... you'll also kiss goodbye to many of the people who to date have viewed you as a someone innocent victim of circumstance.

Choosing to break the law is an intentional decision.  The impact could be severe.

Have you written letters to your legislators?  Met with them?  Joined a PAC?

If you truly want to effect change, get 10,000 people to put their child support payments into funding a Political Action Committee.  Within just a few months, you'll have enough power (i.e., MONEY)  to begin to meet with legislators and potentially begin to have an impact on law.  You'll be able to contribute to candidates who will subsequently owe you favors.

THAT is the real game that changes law, like it or not.

So... rather than protest by refusing to pay child support, take what you've been ordered to pay and put it into a lobbying group that can help.

If parents can't pay such amount in the first place, then to be honest... this "protest" seems like an excuse just wrapped up in righteousness.

If you were in front of me, I'd slap you across the face and say... Dude, your daughter needs you.  Quit screwing around, quit setting yourself up for a horrible future, and just get to her.

Truly best wishes for you...

DD

catherine

parents that only want EOW?  Should they pay CS or not?

c_alexander

Do you REALLY think that ANY judge has ANY sympathy for me at the moment? Should it matter at all if my support is current or not? Do they even listen to WHY it is behind to begin with? Do THEY really care? The answer is a resounding NO, and if you beleive different you are living in a fantasy world.

The truth is the system and people in general are corrupt. Their motivations anymore revolve around winnign at any cost. Don't believe me, have ou turned on the TV lately? Can we say REALITY TV. This is our socitey now. People do not care for anyone but themselves..in general. The courts do not distribute justice, if they did more of us would share parenting instead of being forced into becoming strangers to our own flesh and blood. The family courts MAIN focus is $$$$$ plain and simple. By making us pay child support they help bring revenue to the state budget, which in turn means bigger paychecks for them. OPEN YOUR EYES! The system is corrupt!

"If you truly want to effect change, get 10,000 people to put their child support payments into funding a Political Action Committee. Within just a few months, you'll have enough power (i.e., MONEY) to begin to meet with legislators and potentially begin to have an impact on law. You'll be able to contribute to candidates who will subsequently owe you favors."

This seem like a good idea, BUT then that is playing by "their" rules, and unless you can play the game better then they can you're wasting your time. Instead you have to hit them where it hurts..in the wallet. If a protest were successful and the amountof "owed" child support doubled, it would shut down or signifcantly damage the system to the point that politicians would be FORCED to change the laws.

As for the rest of it, first of all it is all an idea right now. I think it would be an idea that would work far better and faster then anything anyone has mentioned. I for one wish to see this chang ASAP, for myself and the countless others in my position. Not jsut parents, but kids . These kids that are caught in the middle of all this. Not to mention the 16,000 to 18,000 people who DIE every year in suicides because of bad family law decisions. PEOPLE THAT IS 5-6 TIMES MORE THEN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN 9/11 ATTACKS.  WE freaking went to WAR for that BS!!!

MYSONSDAD

Friends,

The Augusta, GA, TV station WRDW is conducting an online survey about
the need for child support reform in Georgia. As of last night, the
results were 90/10 in favor of a change. Please go to their web site at
http://www.wrdw.com and vote in their survey, it's in the bottom right
corner of their main page. Let's get the message out!

Terry Pitts
Augusta FAPT Chapter

This was passed on to me, if we all stand together, we can make changes. Complaining between ourselves, will get us nowhere.

"Children learn what they live"