Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support protest

Started by c_alexander, Feb 24, 2005, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPK

Chris, don't be bitter towards me just because I don't agree with your views. If I listen to you and not pay my CS, can I count on you to come bail me outta jail??

When I get into arrears above my head, will you help me out??

Do I agree with paying obscene CS amounts...NO!

Why do we pay these amounts??.......because "that's the way it is" like it or not.

You can sit here and scream til the cows come home, or you can get yourself to Colorado and start the process.

You gotta help yourself here, don't rely on strangers for donations for a move out West.

I don't know how you've gotten yourself $15K in arrears, but if you're still not working SOMEWHERE you're not trying that hard now are you?

Like I said earlier, I sympathize with you and your situation, I'm not piling on here.

TPK

DecentDad

"Growing up to be a beautiful young lady. My only wish is that I can be there to watch her grow up."

If that statement is true-- taken straight from your website-- you're heading down the wrong path.

If your "only wish" has changed, perhaps update your website that asks for donations to support your move to Colorado; because behind the scenes you're thinking about doing things that will have a severe negative impact on your future custodial time with your child.

Still have plenty of empathy for your situation, but just wondering where your allegiance is at the moment.

c_alexander

I am not bitter at anyone...if I come across that way I am sorry. I just don't think that I am getting me point across properly.

I am against CS because it has become a source of revenue for the government. This is a BAD thing because if they can recieve revenue for collecting supprot then it is in their best interests to order support in more and more cases.

In a majority of these cases a shared parenting or 50-50% custody situation would in fact BE BEST for the child. Most states have a it worded in their family law that they are fighting for the best interests of the child....yet they unfairly distribute parenting time and order child support. I challenge ANYONE to argue that this is in the best intersts of the child as the laws state, IF the both parents are willing and able to take care of this child.

How do you get $15k in arrears?
1. the state breaks it own child support laws and includes the entire income of your new business as your income when figuring your CS amount. In Indiana the law specifically states that a businesses expenses must be deducted from the income. This being a NEW business, anyone who knows anything about business knows that a majority of new businesses fail with in the first year or so.
2. the business falls into bankruptcy as a result of the divorce, the loss of your child, and the outrageous child support payments. My CS although small by some standards was my rent, electric and phone bill all put together ech month.
3. After 5 years of struggling to keep yourself alive through the bankruptcy, you manage to save enough money to go back to court and get the amoutns changed only the courts, after hearing evidence that they broke their own CS laws does not make any changes retroactive and instead leaves you $15k behind in CS. (bottom line, changing this retroactive would have taken a lot of money out of the states revenue, therefore it is not in their best interests to change this amount)
4. After gettign the amount changed, the tack on an arrears payment which brings the Cs amount back up to what is was BEFORE...what's the use of fighting? Everytime you enter a courtroom you only get screwed harder.

Thats how I got so far behind. It's not for lack of trying, it is a system that is stacked against you to begin with and I for one don't plan on sitting around and saying "thats the way it is" because "that is NOT the way it HAS to be". I am not bitter at you TPK or anyone for your viewpoint. I am aggrevated at the general attitude that most people have about the situation. So long as it is not their problem they don't care. If you to do to some of the judges what has been done to me and others ( my story is tame in comparison to most I have heard)  things would be different.

As for the donations, I still accept them, but I am selling the ribbosn now to help fund mey move. As for work, unless you live in rural Indiana you wouldn't have an understanding of what the job market here is like. Unemployement is as high as 12% or more as they close down factories and stores. You can get jobs, but are expected to work your butt off for minimum wage. McDonalds here which is usually ALWAYS hiring is not hiring. (For real!). About the only ting I have going right now is a temp agency, and the good ol'e boy factor. A guy I went to school with is the son of the owner of a local plastics plant. I have pulled every string I can to get an interview and I think it may have paid off. I hope to find out soemthing next week. My ribbons and the stuff I have been doing in the mean time have been ways to earn money while I couldn't find work. I have been doing odd jobs for neighbors and anything else I can think of to earn even a few bucks...All of which have gone into my moving fund.

HAHA, you'll all be so happy when I get out there to CO. I won't be such a pain in the rear then..haha.

Seriosuly though my goal is a simple one, I really want to not only get out there to be with my daughter, but I want to prevent something like this from every happeneing again not only to me, but to everyone. It is something that no "good" parent should EVER have to deal with.

kitten

>If my ex was living in a homeless shelter then she should not
>have custody of our daughter...period. She would lack the
>drive nessecary to make a living and provide for a child.

Absolutely.

>Currently she only works part time while attending school and
>I foot the bill for it all along with her new man, and her
>other ex's (3 in total) who she has all gotten wealthier off
>of.

Will paid for his ex's education so she could be a teacher.  She worked for 2 years until the 1st child was born.  Now the oldest is in school and the little ones NEED to be in Pre-School.  She has an earnings potential of about $50,000/yr. in this area.  Her argument to be allowed to move the children 3000 miles away from a Father she herself stated has always been a good father was that she could still be a stay at home mom with Will's CS payments and her new husbands income.  The court agreed.  Sickening.  The decision was made for HER best interests NOT the childrens!  It is never in their best interests to remove them from a loving, active parent!!!!!!   Will even offered to continue to pay her this rediculously high amount of support for 3 years until she could get stabilized back in her teaching career if she stayed in the area!  NOPE.  Sorry, you're just the Dad.  

catherine

c_alexander

I can't asnwer your question if you don't know what EOW is. Personally ANY parent that is willing and able to BE a parent to their children should NOT be made to pay support. In any and every case where a shared parenting plan can be entered into it should be. By willing and able I mean that :
1. Parents should live a "reasonable" distance from each other
2. Both parents should be able to put the best interests of the children involved first above and beyond their own needs
3. The parents should not be alcholic, drug users, homeless, child abusers or "worse"

In essence I am saying use your common sense. Kids should not be put into situations that are unsafe or not in their best interests.

As for where my loyalties lie, they lie in my daughters best interests, which I and many others believe were in fact NOT represented by the indiana court system. Judges who have taken oaths to uphold the laws and instead have decided to order child support and reduced parenting time in more and more custody cases to drive up the amount of child support collected by the state so the state can collect more money from the feds for their budget.

If you have specific questions about wat I am talking about, please feel free to contatc me at: [email protected]

catherine

a number of parents who are content with their Every Other Weekend (EOW) court ordered time and do not want joint physical custody.  They are more than happy being parents for 4 days a month and that's it.  In those cases, do you feel that they should be paying CS?