Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Does it just seem petty?

Started by dipper, Feb 27, 2005, 10:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

Stick with the court order.  Do not allow her to deviate from it.  If you do then she can use it against you in court by saying your previously allowing it was your silent agreement to it.  I've seen that happen many times and used it once when bm of ss was trying to change things in a fuzzily ordered agreement.  We had always had less than 90 mi visitation even though we lived more than 90 mi.  After a year she wanted to cut our time considerably and tried to get it to the over 90 mi visitation.  The ruling was that letting us have the under 90 mi showed she agreed to it and to try and change at this point was unreasonable, unfair and strictly for the purpose of undermining the relationship between dh and his son.

Meeting 1/2 has logistical problems and you can be jerked around by the other person so I don't favor that myself.  My preferred is the person commencing their time must pick the child up.  Failure to pick the child up within 30 - 45 minutes of the agreed upon time constitutes a forfeiture of time.  That way if they don't pick him up we have him at least one more night until they can arrange a reasonable time to pick him up.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6