Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fiance' can't be with kids

Started by dadwantsfamily, Mar 23, 2005, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadwantsfamily

My "wife" currently has a court order to keep my children away from my fiance'. Nothing throughout the custody hearings has been put on paper stating this, yet it has been reaffirmed by the presiding judge. It was stated that this could change when the marital status changed. She of course is not anywhere near reconsidering. I feel like my lawyer is just nodding his head and not doing anywhere near what he could or should do. Are there any laws in New York stating that this can or can't happen? And if so, what can I do to combat it?

MYSONSDAD

I don't know how a judge can affirm this if it is not in writting. What could they have to cause the judge to make a ruling like this? Any drugs, Restraining Orders? History of Domestic Violence?

Post this to Soc, follow his guidelines for posting on his board. He will need more information and if you can copy the order pertaining to this, would be best.  

Also check in the search engine here for TGB links to NY. Get educated in your statues.

"Children learn what they live"

joni

You need a new atty.  This one is a putz.  Provided there's no good reason for this, this is a BAD court order against you and just the tip of the iceberg on the rest of your trial.  You will continue to get screwed.

I googled and couldn't find any guidelines.  I agree, ask on the Dear Soc board.  Post the exact wording from the court order when you do.

In my situation in Michigan, the Ex tried to control who her daughter was seeing when she was with my then fiance, the father.  The judge told the Ex, as long as the child is not in danger, you have no say who the child can see when she's with dad.

The only restriction we had was that I could not stay overnight when my fiance had his child.