Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DO I HAVE A CHANCE

Started by paintdelta, Apr 07, 2005, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintdelta

I am in the middle of what looks to be a pretty nasty divorce.  I am asking for joint physical and legal custody.  My lawyers seem to think i have no chance.  If any one has any advice please reply i will give details then of the situation.  

MYSONSDAD

The first thing you will hear, is DOCUMENT and I mean everything. Cover your butt in all directions, work on a papertrail. If you have some nasty stuff going on, hire a PI. They are professional witnesses.

Start reading everything you can and educate yourself. Read thru the other posts here. Loads of information, just take the time. If there is something you need to research, go to the search engine at the top of this forum. Many articles on everything related to Family issues.

Any questions, just post them, many here will help you out.

When it comes to attorneys, they will not do the leg work, it is up to you to build your case. And who could know it better?

"Children learn what they live"

Bolivar

First you must learn what the judge/court puts weight on.

You will have a hard time if you have a:
1. DV (Domestic Violence)
2. A present drug history.

I have been using Steve to help me understand what the courts feel is important and how I can best present my case.  I put his number below. (I am in Ohio and I telephone conference with him)

Steven Carlson
ChildCustodyCoach.com
Orange County, CA
(714) 379-0850
//www.childcustodycoach.com
[email protected]