Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What do I do?

Started by scaredfathersoon, Apr 10, 2005, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

lol slowly putting my dagger away :)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

jilly

Whew!! Breathes a sigh of relief! LOL

Bolivar

I am from Ohio --- and before anyone bites my head off please read the whole post.

Scaredfathersoon,

If she will marry then get married.  You will have more rights to be with the child if you are a "marred" dad than a "out of wed lock" dad.

Yea, yea I know its unfair but that is the way family court is run today.

At least if you are married and then get a divorce you will have a shot at a shared parenting schedule.  If you are not married you will probability never have a shared parenting agreement.

Now the devil is coming out of me.

You will also have time to learn and understand the process of divorce.  You will understand and be able to document your time with the child.  That way if you go to court you will be able to empirical show the court what you have done for your child.

Remember as an "out of wed lock" dad you will be treated like a wallet and if you do NOT pay as you are told to you will go to jail!!!

Mom will be able to play emotional games and you will have to spend lots of time and money to see the child.

Ok I'm done now.  Go ahead and do your worst.  I still think that a married dad gets more rights (as limited as they are) than a "out of wed lock" dad.

msme

If you do, get them involved. A single young man looks a lot better if he has his mom handy to say what a great dad he will be & to assure that she will keep an eye on her precious grandchild.

You will have to have a place to live that includes space for the child. Go to Goodwill & get a crib, sheets, blankets, clothes infant toys & all of the rest of the things you will need to have her spend a weekend with you.(another good reason to have mom involved. She knows all these things) Things don't have to be new, just clean & in good repair. If you are prepared, it undermines the fight to keep you away.

Good luck & God bless.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!