Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 11:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

controlling ex

Started by lostwithouther, Apr 11, 2005, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostwithouther

I guess I have a couple of issues with my ex... brief history, married for 6yrs lived in georgia for the first 4-5yrs. I am in the aviation industy, well after the september attacks on NY (God Be with them) I lost my job, shortly after, I had a very good job offer in my hometown in Washington state, we ended up moving there, for the job. After 3 months at best my ex was ready to head back to GA. Well in front of my mom and dad she basically said the only place she will be happy is with her mom and dad. that ended up being the last straw. the divorce was final in '03.
After 2 years with out my daughter she'll be 9 this May, I moved back the GA with my old job this last july. After Settling down here, getting my benifits straitened out housing, etc. to this day I have yet to have a solid "every other weekend visit" (Stuff just keeps coming up)
I have tried to re-contact my lawyer a couple of times, I guess i'm not important enough for her, with no luck. I have sought other atty's I don't have the money they want to even start on a new case.
I have a logbook of comments/complaints about the way Logan (my daughter) is being raised, living arrangments, and Mainly MY EX-WIFES LAZYNESS!

What/where/when/and how can I do?

gipsy

Did you call every atty in the book?  And is there an existing parenting plan that states what the visits are ? If so File contempt And make her do the visits ,  And or  Keep calling atty's there and see if they appoint a Guardian ad litem as they do in Wash state ?, The first thing My atty asks new clients is > Is there a parenting plan , If so file contempt , He say's you won't be likely to get a finding of contempt by the court untill she does it three or four times , And if going pro se then by the fourth time you will have it right , Keep posting People will Give more intput when they learn more details "

Kent

Where in GA are you?
I may be able to give you some GA specific advice. Been through the mills here for the past 6 years... and did well.

Kent!

lostwithouther

I live in brunswick.
After i posted the msg, I found Georgia house bill 221, which is supposed to voted on this week. skimming through the bill it looks like it might help out as far as non coustodial parents.
What kind of help can you offer. at this point, I am certainly open for options!
thankx kent

lostwithouther

gipsy:
I am making my way through the yellow pages, quite frankly my "fingers" are getting tired, including outreaching cities. It seems the standard retainer any type of C/S, or parenting plan amendment is $2500 in this area. However I haven't tried any online searches. I am new to the whole Legal ins and outs of a parenting and child support guidelines. But I do know a few things, through others friends in similar situations, some of the reserch i have done.
We do have a parenting plan in affect. In fact originally the visitation was set up for alot of traveling, since I lived in Washington at the time of the divorce. I also made sure a "attatchment" was included also in the case I moved back ie: "in the event that both parties live within 100 miles of each other visitation will turn to even weekends with her and odd with me..."
I have an appoinment with my orig. atty on mon to discuss my options... of course if i need any further action I will need to supply a retainer.
again thank you for the responses, it is nice to know that i'm not alone...

Kent

I'm in the Atlanta area, unfortunately too far away from you.

Documentation is everythying. However, you need to know what to document. Your ex being lazy is of no concern to a judge. Her being controlling is also a non-issue.
What matters is:
- medical neglect (not going to the doctor when she's sick)
- missing school (biiiiig issue)
- denial of parenting time (visitation)
- alcohol and/or drug abuse by anyone in the house(hold), especially while the child is with her
- domestic violence reports on her or someone in her house(hold)
- physical child abuse
- moving around to different school districts

Any of the above (or better: a combination) will help you to get more access to your child.

What stuff is coming up that keeps you from having your EOW? On your end, or on hers?

Kent!

Kent

At this moment you can save the money of the consultation and prepare yourself better. It is too early to talk to an attorney.

First, start using the Notice of Intent to Excercise Visitation letter. http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/intent.htm
Make sure you send the letter to her per certified mail with return receipt.
Send this letter on each friday before an even weekend. She will get it then on Saturday or Monday, and that gives her enough notice. Make a copy of each letter, and keep that with the delivery notification.

If she still denies visitation for 6 times or more, then you file contempt charges against her.
Make sure you are NEVER late with child support payments; GA judges have no tolerance for that.

Kent!