Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If there is no LEGAL custody...

Started by tabbysdad, Apr 23, 2005, 06:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabbysdad

I am recently going through alot of let downs with our system. My daughter is 6 years old and has been bounced around from man to man for 2 years now. Her mother has 3 little ones now including my daughter by 3 different dads. My daughter was given to my parents per DCFS when she was a baby, because the mother refused to seek medical treatment for her. At that time I lived with my parents and was a child myself so tempoary custody was given to them. I was never married to the mother nor did i stay with her after my daughter was born.
When my parents thought it was "safe" to relinquish my daughter back to her mother, all hell broke loose since then.
s it is right now my daughter is living in a garage with her mother,2 younger sisters and her mothers new BF. PLUS 3 other grown men.
# days ago the police were told that she was living there and gave them 2 days to get out. Today is the  day. She has told people that she will give the girls to her mother if need be. Now mind you, she is a drug addict. The school has called me saying she took her out of school permantly. In Illinois kindergarden isnt a law. The mother will not allow me to see my daughter because I have a new fiance for the last 2 years now. And shes jelous. Its all stupid. My question is this.If DCFS takes my daughter, how can I get my daughter from either DCFS or the mothers mother?My name is on the BC, yet I can't afford a lawyer. Please help

rm1759

First, you MUST get a lawyer.  Go to legal aid in your county if you have to, or borrow the money.  You need to be sure to establish paternity for your child, at the same time, you need to file for custody, and take care of your daughter.  You cannot do this on your own, you must have a lawyer.