Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

URGENT - Your action needed now!!! THIS IS HUGE!

Started by Hawkeye, Apr 25, 2005, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

http://cspaonline.org/take_action.php <-- California Shared Parenting Group

As California goes, so does the rest of the country

----- Original Message -----
To: 'sacs1'
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 12:29 PM
Subject: question

Steve:
We launched the campaign in support of the California Shared Parenting Bill (AB 1307) on my radio show last night. We're trying to hit them with everything we've got today and tomorrow. If possible, can you send the Call to Action below out to the FAPT list? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
//www.HisSide.com
//www.GlennSacks.com

NEW CAMPAIGN: All Out for California Shared Parenting Bill!

April 25, 2005

As many of you know, this evening we declared a new His Side listener campaign in support of AB 1307, the new California Shared Parenting bill.  AB 1307 will create a clear presumption that parents equally share in the custody of their children unless there is clear evidence that it would not be in the children's best interests. AB 1307 protects children's relationship with both parents by making it clear that parents come before the family law court with equal rights to and responsibilities for their children.
California family law has enormous impact on the family law of other states, many of which are currently considering shared parenting bills. A victory on AB 1307 would reverberate across the country, aiding in ways large or small every child of divorce.

I want a letter from every individual on this list, no matter what state you live in. To join our campaign, click here.http://www.cspaonline.org/take_action.php

Hearing from so many of you over the past several years, it would be hard to put into words the amount of pain and misery caused by our current family law system and its sole custody, win/lose orientation.  Now is your chance to help change the system.

Though every His Side listener campaign we've launched so far has been successful, this one won't be easy. AB 1307 faces a tough fight from misguided feminist groups and other powerful forces who have already begun to assemble to oppose us.

Please recall, however, the events of last summer when we mobilized over 2,000 people to defeat a bill which would have given custodial parents almost unlimited right to move children out of noncustodial parents' lives. On the morning of August 16, Dan Walters, perhaps California's leading Sacramento insider, proclaimed in newspaper columns across the state that we had no chance to win. That same morning we received word that the bill was being pulled and we had won.

The California Shared Parenting Alliance (CSPA) is spearheading the bill.  

Again, to join our campaign, click here.

To listen to last night's His Side, "Support California Shared Parenting Bill AB 1307," click here.

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
Listen to His Side with Glenn Sacks
GlennSacks.com

MYSONSDAD

I posted for everyone to listen to this show earlier in the week. Signed and passed on, everyone on Sparc should do the same. AND I MEAN EVERYONE!

Once they are down with signing and passing, don't forget the groups out there, great way to pass this on....

Fobbed-Fodder

Done deal, sent mine
come on everyone, Nation wide lets go!

Hawkeye

This should be a no-brainer... children do best with both parents. EQUALLY!

Everyone here should email the California Judiciary committee with either the form note or with personal additions. I added some verifiable comments about the Iowa bill, HF22, which Gov. Tom Vilsack signed, but is sadly, not very well enforced yet, but we can fix that too.

Just gotta stick with it. Throw your depression out the window and go for it. Your kids need you, Dadio!

Now go quote me! ")

According to Karen DeCrow, former president of the National Organization for Women:
"If there is a divorce in the family, I urge a presumption of joint custody of the children. Shared parenting is not only fair to men and children, it is the best option for women. After observing women's rights and responsibilities for more than a quarter of a century of feminist activism, I conclude that shared parenting is great for women, giving time and opportunity for female parents to pursue education, training, jobs, careers, profession and leisure. There is nothing scientific, logical or rational in excluding men or forever holding women and children as if in swaddling clothes in an eternally loving bondage. Most of us have acknowledged that women can do everything that men can do. It is time now for us to acknowledge that men can do everything women can do."

The current system creates unnecessary litigation and added conflict between parents as they jockey to position themselves in the most favorable light for the court. By equally respecting the bonds children share with each of their parents, courts should encourage co-parenting and cooperation between divorced couples.

dipper

Signed and sent mine...from VA.....

I am very impressed with DeCrow's words.  She actually nails it!!!  

dipper

I am going to research who I need to contact in VA to badger into considering this in our state as well.  I think there should also be strict legal mandates about moving a child out of their school district - that instead of a 30 day notice...the CP has to have permission by the NCP or go to court to get the court's permission BEFORE the move.....Its way too easy to limit time with the NCP by simply moving..........

kitten

I'm all over it!  And, yes I'm very impressed by Ms. DeCrow.  Too bad she is the former president.

kitten

Thank you for posting this, Hawkeye.

Hawkeye

>Thank you for posting this, Hawkeye.

You're very welcome... I know that many of us come to Sparc to grieve about loss, hopefully only temporarily, about access to our children, but Dads have this thing... we want to Protect our children, no matter from who ... and in this day and age, it has alot more to do with just a divorce...  Isn't that what Dads are supposed to do, paramount to breastfeeding..... sheeesh...?

Ya got my back???

pedofile predators, terrorists in general and heck, just to keep them safe around a friggin' campfire... DUH...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that all out.

Sorry if it took me a day or so to get back here, so much else is going on on the net, makes me wonder if there is some right-wing conspiracy going on..... aka, Gannon/Guckert/Gosch/Bush... heck, not much else suprises me anymore...  it's just mayhem out there, no wonder I stay close to home anymore.

MYSONSDAD

Just got something from Glenn, 1500 responded. There are close to 2200 registered members here, so who is not signing this? Aren't your kids with 30 seconds?

Hawkeye, I've got your back.....and then some

"Children learn what they live"

Hawkeye

I'm not lettin' up on this one, have family in CA that needed both parents.  Besides my own current struggles...

Thank heaven for Glenn Sacks...  to the top 'o the list ya go again, dude :)    WooooHoooo

thanks, all... as I said, this is Huge... and I'm not gonna let it drop.

Cool, MySonsDad...  High 5'ves!!!!   :^)

>Just got something from Glenn, 1500 responded. There are
>close to 2200 registered members here, so who is not signing
>this? Aren't your kids with 30 seconds?
>
>Hawkeye, I've got your back.....and then some
>
>"Children learn what they live"

kitten

Our kids are worth more than anything this world could offer.

MYSONSDAD

Well said.

My comment was directed at the many who did not take time.

I know you are always right in there to make a difference. I think many think it is too time consuming. I can type out a letter in no time, just sit and express my thoughts. Someday it will all pay off...Hope it is tomorrow!

Hawkeye

bumpsies  ;^) Get outta chat, get out of IM's, and email the California Judiciary committee this weekend, heck if you don't have your kids, you've got no excuse!!!!

justwantstobeadad

there are a lot of states changing things . PA is an amendment to wording in the law they already have. giving 50/50 automatically as a right.

MYSONSDAD

Hope they have the wording precise. Many States THINK they have it and bottom line, they are still at the courts discretion. Iowa is a good example. They have had it thru for almost a year, but how many parents have benefited?

Illinois is another trying to get this thru, but one word out of place, and it makes no difference.

Laura Bush is on the campaign of Fatherhood. But most of what she says, indicates the fathers have no interest in their kids. I am on a writing campaign to her. So untrue. Many fathers have no choice, bias courts, GALS, evaluators, judges. to name a few. Or, they just plain run out of money....

Some dads don't give a shit, but many do. Give them the chance to parent, from the beginning, true 50/50, no bullshit, and they'll see a difference.

Hope PA gets it thru and that it will mean something. Keep us posted.

MYSONSDAD

Everyone here from PA should read this and start writing. I not only write, I go in person with my State Rep. One on one, makes a huge difference.... Hand written letters mailed, over e-mail, can make a difference.

That's why this California thing is so big and in need of everyone to click on the link provided. All they have to do is fill in their name and e-mail address, 30 seconds tops...

"Children learn what they live"

Hawkeye

Folks,

I'm bumping this back up to the top because I believe it has a flicker of hope for us all... As Glen Sacks says, As Goes California, So Goes the Nation.

To those of us who are nearly desperate to fullfill their obligation to their children to be their "other parent".

Not with a paycheck.

Not with an every other weekend gig,

Not with a whim... (Oh, you can pick him up an hour from now, and then they don't show up!!!) (can you say "contempt"?)

Please, PLEASE... take a moment to check out
http://cspaonline.org/take_action.php

Just for today, this Sunday, May 1st , forget about your own struggles with your ex.

So what if she/he stole from your bank account, you shoulda been watching that in the first place. So what if she/he doesn't help with homework you shoulda been watching that too. But that's history.

Here's something you CAN DO... NOW

Has she/he trashed your offspring? WELLLLL, maybe we're getting somewhere now... !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand up for your children[ and DO SOMETHING.... write the California Judiciary... heck, dude, with this link it's just about a mouse click away. Add a few thoughts/experiences of your own if you like, JUST DO IT, if you want to be a parent.

MYSONSDAD

Well said, Hawkeye! Bumping this up while we have some time to hit them again!

ShawnSullivan

Just found out about this site! Sent mine!