Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm still around

Started by c_alexander, Apr 24, 2005, 12:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

I know you all have not heard much from me in some time and I wanted you all to know that I am still alive and kicking. My new job has some messed up schedules...swing shifts for one....that has kept me busy. I have pulled aws much overtime as I can in order to save for my move. This week I got 60hours in.

In addition I have been pretty busy with the ribbons as well. I've only got 100 ribbons out of 500 left and will be ordering another 500 ribbons within the next couple weeks. I jsut found out the Family Rights Coalition of Michigan will be holding a conference in June and my ribbons will be part of the "package" everyone who attends will recieve. I am excitied about the chance to get these ribbons out there and onto cars. From what I gather thety are already expecting 250 or more people to attend this conference. I am unaware of the particulars, but if this sounds of interest contact the Family Rights Coalition of Michigan about it.

I have also found a family in colorado that is willing ot rent me their basement....750sq feet all finished ( thats bigger then my apratment was) for $400/mo. It has 2 bedrooms one for me one for Jessie and a bathroom and family room. This couple have been through the custody process as we all have and when I posted my story on Craiglist they stepped forward and wanted to help. if all goes well I will be living with them till I can afford my own place. I think it is so awesome of these people to open their house to a complete stranger like me all because they can relate to my battle.

I jhave to say that in the short time I have been selling the ribbons I have  spoken to a  lot of wonderful people, like the people here, from all over the country who have all been touched in some way by the family law system and who all have their painful stories to tell. I know it's not much, but I certainly hope that my modest contribution to this battle helps to make some kind of difference in the end. It is a terrible crime for all of these good people to have to suffer so jsut to be parents to their kids. Society scorns those who abandon their children and yet they make it almost impossible for us to continue to be parents......

wendl

That is great news.

I know my father in law lost all respect for the family law system and how they actually function when dh was going thru this. My inlaws assumed the system would do right NOT they found out 1st hand now they feel a whole lot differently.

Father in law and I were talking yesterday, he says its all about money and it shouldn't even be a part of the legal system, hahahaha he said they were bottom feeders.

But we still do what we can for the sake of our chidlren.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

kitten

That's great, Chris!  Sounds like a groovy pad!  

MYSONSDAD

Glad your working your A$$ off, and hope your counting all your money on the way to the bank!

What is your goal for the big move? June?

I see you have a little competition with your ribbons.

http://www.wagenhauser.com/divorce/

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

Naw Tom is not competition. He actually called me long before producing the wristbands to ask permission. He is organizing and working on a support group in Indianapolis and I am very much in support of what he is doing. He was even cool enough to send me a wristband which my daughter is going to LOVE...my ex perhaps not so much haha.

Yes I am working hard, but it feels good. everyday more and more people call about the website, or place orders. It is fantastic that this thing is taking off like it is.

My plans for the big move are for end of July beginning of August at the latest. Sooner if I can swing it. As I mentioned earlier there have been several people contacting me about rooms to rent. The strangest one I recieved jsut the other day. Apparently if anyone is familiar with Kansas City Radioshock jock  DJ Johnny Dare ??? Well his ex-co host Murphy Wells contacted me about renting spacce in her house. She recently moved to Colorado so her son could be clsoer to his father. I was amazed that a cyustodial mother would actually make a sacrifice like she has to leave her job in Kansas City behind so her son could spend more time with his non custodial father. I really respect that.

Anyway thanks to recent order we are down to 89 ribbons left. So if you haven't gotten them yet better get them now. I will be placing an order shortly for another 500, but there may be some delay between when I sell the last of these and when the next order comes in.

Hang in there all....and thanks again for all your support. =)

MYSONSDAD

I found the ribbons by accident.

Glad to see people working together to reach the same goals.

I also knew they would be a big hit. Good things come to those who wait.

"Children learn what they live"