Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Impotent ex-husband must pay damages

Started by Bolivar, May 12, 2005, 11:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050512/od_nm/odd_italy_impotent_dc&printer=1

Impotent ex-husband must pay damages

An impotent Italian man who kept his problem a secret from his wife until after their wedding must pay her damages for 'eroding' her right to have a family, Italy's Supreme Court has ruled.

The woman, identified by the Italian media as Cristina S., was quick to get her marriage annulled in the 1990s after learning to her horror that her husband could not consummate it. She then demanded damages, saying she had been robbed of her "right to sexuality" and the promise of a family.

Despite losing legal battles in lower courts, she kept...

joni

I'm not surprised to see this in Italy, so close to the Vatican.  Disception with regards to having children, whether it's due to medical reasons or lack of intention to have children going into the marriage, is one of the uncontested grounds for an annulment in the Church.  When you marry in the Church, you promise to have children in the faith.

I think she should have gotten her annulment.  My male cousin got one for the same reason because his Ex wife lied to him about her intentions to have children when they got married.  

I think the damage award is ludacrist.