Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:27:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

They are threatening violence...

Started by dipper, Jun 03, 2005, 09:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

HI all,

Well, insurance statements are coming in and thousands are racking up....dh sent an insurance request to the parents of the child who kicked the bowl of fire on my ss.

They probably received this on Wednesday and that evening - bm, and the other two families got together.  This was at the house it happened at.......SS went outside and hears the two men discussing how they are going to beat up dh.  They are just waiting for him to come back down there....one bragged off of how he has hurt five other people...  They were all discussing getting a lawyer as well...Now, bm is right in the middle of all of this.

BM suggests bringing ss down this weekend.  She volunteered to bring him....only, she comes over an hour late.  She has the woman with her - that lives at the property where the burn took place.  She had waited for two hours for this woman to get off of work.  This is odd considering the talk the men had been doing and that bm has made out of town plans next weekend for her and ss.....

I am honestly worried that they may try something and everyone will have an alibi.  BM at a friends - and the women giving their husband's alibies.

OSS said bm and the other woman came by the restaurant he works at - and said the other woman was flirting with this guy..yes, she is married...

SS doesnt want to get in trouble for telling us...so, he doesnt want us to say anything.  And, he is scared for dh to come back in his area, because he really believes these guys are going to hurt dh.

Anyone know what we can do about getting the insurance info that they refuse to give?

DH is considering refusing any pmt until this is settled - but he has a custody modification set for 8/9 - will that really hurt him?

Can bm's sudden best-buddy friendship with these people and encouraging them to ignore dh be considered hindering and be in dh's favor?

SS will only say - that his mom is feeding the people lies about us....

Any suggestions?

lucky

Can't you just file a lawsuit against them personally?  Being served with the papers might just wake them up and cause them to contact their insurance agent.  And if it doesn't, any attorney they hire will probably look at them like they grew two heads if they say they don't want their ins. company to represent them because of the cost of defending a lawsuit.

I was sued once for an injury that supposedly happened in my car (didn't, but that's another long story).  Her attorney served me the papers and I took them into my insurance agent (happened to be my dad) who opened up a claim on my auto liability and the insurance company took over from there.  The person suing me was a former friend and I KNOW she knew who my insurance company and agent were because she was a friend, yet Dad was not informed and wouldn't have known a thing, nor would the ins. company if I hadn't brought the paperwork into them.

Good luck as I have no idea about what to do regarding the threats, etc. except apply for an RO.  Unfortunately, that will bring SS into the picture and they'll know he told you guys.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

wendl

I would have to agree with Lucky, you can always file a lawsuit, or contact your agent to see if you can put the claim under your homeowners and see if they will go after these people.

Tell SS not to worry. You need not worry either, maybe they are just blowing smoke up your butt about beating dh, if they do, have dh call 911 and have a friend at your home to testify.

Do not give into bm or her newly found friends childish games.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MYSONSDAD

Do not give up your time with SS.

When your dh has to go there to do an exchange, bring at least two witnesses. They will have to agree to testify in court. Have a camcorder ready to go. I would also ask for a civil standby and let the Police know, you are trying to avoid conflict.

You could probably call your insurance agent and ask for advice on how to handle this situation. They will put you in the right direction or possibly, get some information for you on what is going on. My agent was very helpful on a touching issue, he was able to get me some much needed info and information on how to report a bad agent.

This is just total bullshit, but know too well what your going thru.