Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:11:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dealing with wife's boyfriend

Started by crayiii, Jun 07, 2005, 01:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crayiii

I'm in Oregon and they are in Washington.  The order is a temp parenting plan in Washington.  We are still married.

The temp parenting plan doesn't state anything about who does the physical transfers, it just states the following regarding the flights.

"The mother will purchase an airline ticket for the child to travel accompanied by airline personnel to and from Portland, Oregon"

The order than states that in addition to my scheduled time, I may request one additionaly weekend per month and the mother will allow it as long as I take care of 100% of the travel costs.

The "extra" weekends are the ones that will be physical transfer as I will travel to Washington and stay the weekend.

I also just found out the mom has started a new job and works from 2pm to 10pm.  I have no idea where our son is during that time...

flewwellin

If you are going to tape anything you need to let it be heard on the tape you telling him that you are taping cause then he can say he didn't know and find something to press charges against you with.

VaBeachStepmom

I belive Oregon is a one-party state.  If you are in Oregon and want to record a conversation at least one party to the conversation needs to be aware it's being recorded, and that one party can be you.  You don't need the other person's consent.

In Washington, however, I believe it is a two-party state.  You must announce to the other person they are being recorded, and that announcement must be on the recording.  

Hope this helps.

Kent

Video recordings are allowed without notification.

Audi recordings are allowed in many states as long as one party to the conversation (that would be you) is aware of the recording.

Do a search in the SPARC archives to find if your state is a one or two party state.

Kent!

VaBeachStepmom

Oregon

Or. Rev. Stat. §§ 165.535, 165.540: It is illegal to obtain or divulge a telecommunication or radio communication, unless one is a party or has obtained consent from at least one party to the conversation. It is illegal to obtain or divulge an oral communication unless all parties to the communication are informed that their conversation is being obtained. Certain enumerated exceptions apply. Violations are punishable by a maximum sentence of $5000 or one year in jail.

Washington

Wash. Rev. Code § 9.73.030: All parties generally must consent to the interception or recording of any private communication, whether conducted by telephone, telegraph, radio or face-to-face, to comply with state law. The all-party consent requirement can be satisfied if "one party has announced to all other parties engaged in the communication or conversation, in any reasonably effective manner, that such communication or conversation is about to be recorded or transmitted." In addition, if the conversation is to be recorded, the requisite announcement must be recorded as well.

crayiii

On telephone conversations that take place over state lines, wouldn't Federal rules take over?  If so, do the Fed's require one or two party notice?

Here's another example of this guy trying to "get at me".

I just called to talk to my son and got the answering machine.  The boyfriend changed the greating to identify my son with his (the boyfriend's) last name.

MYSONSDAD

>I just called to talk to my son and got the answering machine. The boyfriend changed the greating to identify my son with his (the boyfriend's) last name.<

Now that is worth something worth taping and keeping. I think if it is on an answering machine, it is implied consent.

Who the hell does this guy think he is? I think he did it on purpose to agravate the situation.

If you want to ask Soc, he his impression on the taping law regarding answering machines.

"Children learn what they live"

flewwellin

I didn't know it was state by state....interesting I will have to find out about north carolina

VaBeachStepmom

Looks like NC is a one-party state.  As long as you're aware the conversation is being recorded, then it's perfectly legal. =)

North Carolina

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-287: It is a Class H felony to intercept or disclose the contents of a wire, oral or electronic communication without the consent of at least one party to the communication, The statute defines wire communications to exclude the radio portion of a cordless telephone call that is transmitted between a cordless telephone handset and base unit. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-287.

janM

...my son's exgf...who does not have custody of either of her kids, including my GS, put on hers and hubby's machine..."You've reached the Smiths (them) and Joneses (GS/our last name)."
Sheesh.