Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dealing with wife's boyfriend

Started by crayiii, Jun 07, 2005, 01:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittencaboodle

The problem you'll run into will be the fact that you're long distance.  Generally ROFR is reserved for parents in the same area.  ANd then there's the problem of how old your son is.  During the school year, this will become less feasible.  However, I do believe you can request that you not be forced to drop off your son due to the hostile environment that her boyfriend creates.  It sounds like the BF will only make the transition from time with you to time with them more difficult.  

What is your scheduled time with him.  I know Indiana PArenting guidelines inside and out but they probably aren't the same.  LOL

:-)

kittencaboodle

This throws up a BIG red flag.  HAve you spoken with your lawyer about this?  

Really, if it were my husband, I'd suggest seeing what the lawyer could do about getting emergency custody of the child due to concerns of PAS.  It doesn't sound like she's willing to foster a good parent-child relationship with you.  

Don't let yourself get screwed.  

crayiii

Well, I don't have an attorney...

This is what the greeting says (names are made up):

"You've reached the Smith's, John, Jane, and Sam, please leave a message."

"John" in this case is the only "Smith" in the house.

kittencaboodle

You REALLY need to get one, all states seem to have pro-bono services, or even ask friends for help.  That's what my husband and I did.  Some friends of ours paid the lawyer's retainer of $500.  

She's going to make this as difficult as possible on you and her boyfriend is feeding into it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they've told your son horrible things about you in order to try and get your son to hate you and love them.  This happens, and unfortunately it happens often.  

crayiii

I sent a fax to her attorney today detailing the issues and suggesting that we go to the courts and ask for clarification on them.  I suggested, among other things, that every other day at 7pm I am allowed to speak to my son.

I didn't hear back from him but my son called at 7pm on the dot and after we talked he said "mom asked if she could please talk to you".

She got on the phone and was very nice and we set up transfer times between the two of us.  She also agreed to all the extra weekends that I requested.