Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Started by NoNicky, Dec 28, 2003, 07:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

And all I could do was call my dh and say "Merry Christmas" repeatedly.  It took until the afternoon of the 24th but he finally got a temp order for his son.  He was in the process of driving in from AL.  I called his father and had him drive to the attorney's office to pick up a copy of the order, I knew he'd need it!  The temp order gave me some time on Christmas Day, every Saturday, and after January 1 weekend a month.  It also sets the next court date.  

Sure enough when we went over Christmas Day the grandparents attorney had not even bothered to notify them there had been a ruling.  It took a bit for it to sink through her head what it meant.  She's still extremely unhappy and plans on fighting it because she does not like the fact that dh gets every Saturday.  He offered to take every other weekend if she would let him have Saturday morning to Sunday evening.  She wouldn't go for that either.  She wasn't going to let his son go Christmas Day for a while.  Finally dh had grown tired of listening to her constant objections and told her to bring him back his court order and he would write on the back of it "refused to release to me on 12/25/03" and have her sign it.  Suddenly she was up reading the papers again and having the child get ready.  When we got ready to leave my dh looked at her and said, "Since you delayed us 45 minutes in our time we were supposed to be able to leave with him we will be bringing him back 45 minutes later than the stated time on the court order.  

Yesterday we got to bring him to our home for the first time ever.  He had a ball!  Before the day was over he was giggling and laughing with his step brothers and sisters.  Our biggest laugh was listening to them play hide and go seek while seat belted into their seats in the car.  Ahhhh the joys of imagination!  

Grandma has made it clear she is going to fight him tooth and nail.  While dh likes me to go with him when he picks up his ds as a witness to the things the gma says I have asked to be kept at a distance because gma never fails to make an unprovoked personal attack and it is so very hard not to respond.  But oh what a wonderful Christmas present for my dh.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6