Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:29:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just split up with my girlfriend

Started by J1977, Jun 20, 2005, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J1977

After 5 weeks of moving into our new home i have just learned that my girlfriend has ended our relationship!

We have 2 children, one is 1 year and mine, the other 7 years old, which is not mine but who thinks that he is mine!

With my now ex girlfriend claiming working family tax credit she says she has no option other than to claim maintenence.  Do i have to pay for both children?  I would never tell the 7 year old that im not his real dad as this would break his heart, but feel i should not have to pay maintenence for him although i would be willing to chip in and buy clothes and other things for him now and then, but she says either pay for him or dont see him!

Also, how much maintence would i have to pay?  I earn about £15k pa

What rights do i have over our new house?  It aint done up yet (its getting renovated) and she is living at her mams with the children!

She says she is willing to finnish off doing it up with me and sell it then go halfs on the profit once the mortgage is payed off (not that im sure i believe her!)

wendl

Had your ex worked in the past and if not when was the last time she had a job.

DO NOT Move out of your home. GO back and deal with her and live in your house until forced to move, if she wants to leave let her but tell her the child remains.

Put a freeze on all joint bank accounts, credit cards etc.

and why the change all of a sudden so soon after buying the home, seems a little fishy to me.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**