Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

4 stars for Ron Howard

Started by antonin, Jul 03, 2005, 11:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonin

Ron Howard's "Cinderella Man" paints a kind, sympathetic portriat of a Dad whose family comes first. The mother is equally well-drawn. The film is a celebration of the values of THE GREAT GENERATION, where the family came first. Now we have an obscenity named Kim Gandy declaring a "state of national emergency" for women becuase of the Supreme Court opening.

Unfortunately, "Cinderella Man" did not do well at the Box Office.

FL_48603

>Ron Howard's "Cinderella Man" paints a kind, sympathetic
>portriat of a Dad whose family comes first.<

Right.  A dad who was willing to get his block knoecked off just to get some scraps on the table and ended up getting himself and his FAMILY up and out of the gutter.

>Unfortunately, "Cinderella Man" did not do well at the Box
Office.<

Wonder why.

Another good one is "I AM SAM"... one of SEAN PENN and MICHELLE PFIEFER'S Best roles.  Absolutely stunning perfromances whic bring to mind how men are treated in this lovely "Family Law" system.

Another good one is "Evelyn" A prime hero for father's rights is Pierce Brosnan. He produced and starred in the movie "Evelyn". A true story about a father's struggle to see his children. This video is availiable at video stores near you.

Our hero for father's rights is Pierce Brosnan. He produced and starred in the movie "Evelyn". A true story about a father's struggle to see his children. This video is availiable at video stores near you.

Fight The Good Fight - Our Children are OUR FUTURE!

Financial Solutions Group 877.365.9500 [email protected]

antonin

Yes, I've seen "Sam" and "Evelyn." Unfortunately you can count the number of films
dealing with these issues on the first 3 fingers of your right hand.

Sometimes the issues creep up in films indirectly. "Finding Nemo" deals with a father trying to find his son.

I am going to retract what I said about War of the Worlds. After seeing the film, I think we have a pretty positive portrait here.

When we first meet Tom Cruise, he is the typical divorced Dad: disenfranchised and forced to see his kids 4 days a month while his EX galavants about WITH HER RICH HUSBAND AND TOM STILL HAS TO PAY HER CS.

There is no information given in the film that tom caused the divorce, and from the info given, it looks like his wife left him for a richer man.

Well, Tom kicks ass and saves his kids.