Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unconsenting Mom

Started by trying_to_help, Jul 23, 2005, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trying_to_help

I am trying to figure out if there is anyway possible, in VA specifically, to have a paternity test done if the mother is unwilling to consent.  It seems like everywhere we turn the law always states that she has to consent.  She was having an affair and, after her husband took her back during month 7 of the pregnancy, she now claims that the baby is his.  We would like to know for sure, but she refuses to allow my boyfriend to have a test done.  What recourse does he have?  If the baby is his, he wants to be a part of her life, but we just need to know.  PLEASE HELP!

joni

before you go makin' a stink outta nuttin'

http://www.gtldna.com/

do it yourself.  in the privacy of your own home.  mom doesn't have to know.  information is power. IF you should find the child is not his, he can then take the results to a good atty to get him out of his situation.  

if the child is his, you'll have peace of mind and be able to move on with his situation.

gipsy

Same Ole $#!# My atty had to draw up a regular ole court order to compel My psycho to take the genetic test ,
   This is washington state , And the time to do it is right away before there is the assumption of parenthood because they were married