Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wants money for donated items...

Started by dipper, Jul 26, 2005, 09:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Dh is ordered to pay 75% of medical bills for ss.  Bm sent bills:  one receipt simply had dept. 1, dept. 1, dept 1......no info. as to what these items were.  DH has requested this information twice and she has ignored each request.  She also 'added' wrong and tried to charge him the entire amt instead of his part....it was within pennies of the total amt....ironic, huh?

When ss was discharged from hospital, the instructions were to apply specific bandages and gauze.  Three days later, he went for a check-up and instructions were to apply to small open wounds as necessary...it was after this that bm purchased enough items to use for 40 days.  She was not even using gauze on him - she was using bikers shorts, but she still bought 28 rolls of gauze.  That day, my dh picked up ss for a visit, and she gave him an empty wrapper with instructions on things to buy for ss.  She had 80 bandages and gave dh an empty wrapper - and lied saying she only bought 2-3 bandages.  

A week later is when she gave him the bills.  

She is still  insisting that dh pay for these items even though he has pointed out all her crap. ...there is no proof one bill is for ss or that it was necessary, the other bills were far beyond what the doctor stated and she admitted in an earlier letter that she did not use them on ss.....

DH offered to pay 75% only if she gave him 75% of the items - as he stated that they were purchased unnecessarily and never used.  

So now she states that she donated the items!  

This woman owes dh money for oss bills - she wont pay.....she order dh to pay for items when she had 80 in her possession and wanted him to pay for them....and then she donates the items!  

Doesnt this sound like a load of crap?  

Should we even respond anymore or just let it be worked out in court?

joni

Absolutely, it's a load of crap.  You have been going crazy about this for almost two months Dipper, you're repeating yourself on multiple posts.

Soc gave you great advice on this as others.  Let her take you to court and let the judge decide based on the facts.  You can counter claim her motion with a list of the items she owes you.  My guess is that the judge will say it's a wash and point a finger at both parties.

FL_48603

>>Dh is ordered to pay 75% of medical bills for ss. Bm sent bills: one receipt simply had dept. 1, dept. 1, dept 1......no info.<<

You will only be required by the courts to make payments on reasonably presented invoices USUALLY stipulated to be presented within a specified amount of time following the visit.

I'm no lawyer, and this is not legal advice, H O W E V E R . . .  I would document it as such: Day - Date - Time - Item Recieved - Percieved Defficiencies in item postponing payment.  Staple it to a Declaration form and file it with the courts then serve it on the party.

>>as to what these items were. DH has requested this information twice and she has ignored each request. She also 'added' wrong and tried to charge him the entire amt instead of his part....it was within pennies of the total amt....ironic, huh?<<

Regardless of sex or even wheter or not we are the CP, we have THE RIGHT to request and recieve vital documentation as regards our children.

DEMAND the proper invoices from the MD and to hell with the BM.

>>When ss was discharged from hospital, the instructions were to apply specific bandages and gauze. Three days later, he went for a check-up and instructions were to apply to small open wounds as necessary...it was after this that bm purchased enough items to use for 40 days. She was not even using gauze on him - she was using bikers shorts, but she still bought 28 rolls of gauze.<<

Playing devil's advocate, we do well to follow the doctor's orders so as not to render ourselves in neglegent.  It should not be surprising if someone goes to great lenghts to give the appearance of following directions even andespecially where such direcitons may be over-kill.

Better when dealing with a child to have too much and not need it - than to have too little and need it, right?

>>That day, my dh picked up ss for a visit, and she gave him an empty wrapper with instructions on things to buy for ss. She had 80 bandages and gave dh an empty wrapper - and lied saying she only bought 2-3 bandages.<<

If the doctor's order specified over 2-3 then they are negligent in buying only 2-3 and their admission should be integrated into a motion.

>>A week later is when she gave him the bills.<<

How long does the exhisting order give them?

>>She is still insisting that dh pay for these items even though he has pointed out all her crap...<<

She can insist on whatever she likes, H O W E V E R you can refuse to act on whatever you please.

What does the order say?

>>there is no proof one bill is for ss or that it was necessary,<<

Then it doesn't exist.

>>the other bills were far beyond what the doctor stated and she admitted in an earlier letter that she did not use them on ss...<<

If they were FAR BEYOND WHAT THE DOCTOR STATED then it might constitute a change of circumstances which may necessitate a return to court to better define this portion of the order.

In other words, you may have grounds to go back to court, using this as your "Change of Circumstances" (because these judges and their rulings are so scared that you must have a holy writ from moses before they consider you in posession of a proper voice to speak to them), then you want to state points and authorities in the opening of your motion, give the "change of circumstance" and then rip loose on your recollection of the incidents you state constitute a change of circumstances and asking for your relief...

>>DH offered to pay 75% only if she gave him 75% of the items - as he stated that they were purchased unnecessarily and never used.<<

Usually the court is more formulaic and less praSLURPic than that in their rulings.  From my experiance someone who states quid pro quo I'll give you % of this for a % of that is only successful in an agreeable negotiation.  

Otherwise you have to cram case law down them, force the issue of the best interest of the child, then roll the dice and hold on to your goodies.

>>So now she states that she donated the items!<<

Something tells me when people start donating items they are demanding payment for, a judge will often frown on that.  I mean one wants to have evidance that one has posession of what they are demanding money for, right?

>>This woman owes dh money for oss bills - she wont pay....<<

If she "OWES" according to the order then she owes.  And if she owes and wont pay, then the honorable judge presiding needs to do his or her job.

>>she order dh to pay for items when she had 80 in her possession and wanted him to pay for them....and then she donates the items!<<

IF she pays for them, and then requires payment, unless the order stipulates that with payment comes transference of items, then one better cover one's assets by doing what the order of the court ORDERS them to do.

>>Doesnt this sound like a load of crap?<<

Do you know where you are?  This whole so-called "Family Law" System is a load of crap.  It's an evil, vile, rotten swindle and even the meely mouthed snake-in-the-grass lawyers will cop to it.

So if you say load of crap, then you imply you are ready to do something to change it.  And if you are ready to do something to change it, you let me know, because I am organizing people right now who are through playing arm-chair activist and spending our hard earned tax payers dollars on a system that is bleeding us, dismantling our families and bleeding us.

When I say enough is enough, I mean to say ENOUGH.

>>Should we even respond anymore or just let it be worked out in court?<<

Your only response should be to work it out in court.  Don't wait for it to get better.  IT WONT.  Strike hard and low (figuratively of course) and through the kitchen sink at each and every problem, because in this so-called "Family Law" system, you really have to throw quite a bit against the wall before any sticks.

dontunderstand

FL_48603  What are you trying to do?  We maybe interested!  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired oh and did I mention frusterated?!!!

dipper

"I'm no lawyer, and this is not legal advice, H O W E V E R . . . I would document it as such: Day - Date - Time - Item Recieved - Percieved Defficiencies in item postponing payment. Staple it to a Declaration form and file it with the courts then serve it on the party."

Is this a legal form or just something we would type up ourselves?  What kind of filing is this?

Thank you...

dipper

"You have been going crazy about this for almost two months Dipper, you're repeating yourself on multiple posts."

Yes, I have...I am a very black and white - that is to say, wrong or right person........Also, yes Soc had gave me good advice  - and we tried to work out something we thought anyone would agree to...I mean, she would get the money and give dh the supplies she never used....Then she claims she donated them....

I post on different message boards because someone on one board might have experienced this and can give me input....if someone finds that offensive...they dont have to read.....